The Ibanez Art Corps...for artcore owners...

steve_man

• Members

I need some help guys!

A good deal on an AFS75T just came up and I'm trying to justify buying it. For those who have/have played both an AS73 and an AFS75 - tremolo aside, is there much difference in sound or feel between the two? Deal or no deal, I don't want to shell out $$ for a guitar that will sound like one I already have.

Also, is the AFS75T semi or full hollow? I seem to see conflicting reports on this.

I have both body styles in their high(er) end Artcore Custom forms. The "AF" body style is a full hollow and the "AS" body style is a semi-hollow. So yeah, there is a big difference in the sound - at least unplugged. The AF will sound fairly woody and open. The AS will sound a bit thin, but the roles would be reversed when plugged in.

The AS has a 22 fret neck with plenty of access to the higher frets. It is basically a low-end ES-335 copy. The AF also has a 22 fret neck but the cutaway isn't very deep so you would have a tough time fretting barre chords above about the 12th fret (give or take)

FWIW I have three Artcores and would not part with any of them.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
for the limited trem use, its great...any psycho divebombs and it goes out of tune fast, but i'm too old for that stuff anyway

the color blows me away, in indoor light its almost a turquoise:love:

Dude you're NEVER too old for psycho dive bombs. :cop: The correct answer is just that you prefer to play in tune :lol:

• Members
I need some help guys!

A good deal on an AFS75T just came up and I'm trying to justify buying it. For those who have/have played both an AS73 and an AFS75 - tremolo aside, is there much difference in sound or feel between the two? Deal or no deal, I don't want to shell out $$ for a guitar that will sound like one I already have.

Also, is the AFS75T semi or full hollow? I seem to see conflicting reports on this.

Bump for more advice!
Thanks for your input Crash :thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I need some help guys!

I know I already did a NGD post for it, but this seems the proper place to post my new/updated Artcores :)

Artcores.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Bump for the Ibanez Artcores.

My AS73 in Ivory.

DSCN4533.jpg

Me too :D

Photo12.jpg

Pic is backwards, dunno why.

I love this guitar. Resonant, great neck, plays like a dream. It's sparse as far as cosmetics go, but what's there is nice: the binding is flawless and the hardware is solid.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

ahem...that one on the left no longer has a Bigsby on it...
:cop:

:poke:

:wave:

:lol: true...I remember your post on the gold top, looks good! Hope it's playing good for you too.

The one on the right was the strangest thing. I loved everything about it except the color and even that wasn't a problem. I still can't say a single bad thing about it, but for whatever reason I just didn't bond with it. It was a great guitar, but I ended up selling it a few months after I bought it. I tried selling my AS73 recently too but I just couldn't do it :) I still love that guitar.

• Members
:lol:
true...I remember your post on the gold top, looks good! Hope it's playing good for you too.

The one on the right was the strangest thing. I loved everything about it except the color and even that wasn't a problem. I still can't say a single bad thing about it, but for whatever reason I just didn't bond with it. It was a great guitar, but I ended up selling it a few months after I bought it. I tried selling my AS73 recently too but I just couldn't do it
:)
I still love that guitar.

works great! I'm very happy with the set up on my gold top cheapo!

• Members
I am gassing HARD for one of these:

457685.jpg

AG95D

I like the AF series, but the shallow cutaway don't quite do it for me...in any event, gonna hafta wait - no funds
:(

I have one of those (and an AF105 too) and it is a really nice guitar. The AG body has a deeper/more usable cutaway and the overall shape is quite a bit smaller than the AF body - but surprisingly loud unplugged. I swapped the brass bridge for a rosewood one and it warmed the tone up quite a bit. I am really happy with it. Pix below from the day I brought it home and before swapping out the bridge, so it still has the packing foam and the original brass bridge.

P3291426.jpg

P3291422_edited.jpg

P3291421.jpg

P7231461_edited.jpg

• 6 months later...

Archived