The Ibanez Art Corps...for artcore owners...

steve_man

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Are those stock pu's ???

I might be getting the same guitar this week end, but it has black open coils.

Do you have a problem with fingermarks on this matt fin ?

Edit
:

Here is the one i want to get :

031-1.jpg

No, the pickups are not stock. I had a set of SIN Bucker alnico 2 PAFs wound for this. The stock pups were too powerful and bright for my taste. As for the matte finish, it does show fingerprints but it polishes up nicely with a polishing cloth. I LOVE the AM73B. It's a great playing and sounding guitar.

• Members
I'm in.

My AF75D is one of my alltime favorite guitars. I love hollowbodies now. Was anyone else really surprized at the ability of these guitars to handle higher gain really well?

artcore002.jpg

Very nice!!! Welcome to the club. I was definitely surprised how well they take some gain. I've also just about mastered being able to hold mine right at the point of feedback/sustain that makes all of the hair stand up on your neck - which can really beef up solos.

As it happens, I played all three of my Artcores pretty obnoxiously loud tonight because my wife is out of town for a week and there's nobody nearby enough to be pissed about the noize.

PS> why did you change your avatar?

• Members

No, the pickups are not stock. I had a set of SIN Bucker alnico 2 PAFs wound for this. The stock pups were too powerful and bright for my taste. As for the matte finish, it does show fingerprints but it polishes up nicely with a polishing cloth. I LOVE the AM73B. It's a great playing and sounding guitar.

Thanx for the info !

I was thinking about either two TV Jones units *Power Tron's

. . . or . . .

a **S/C in a bucker size (bridge - see below) from SD PickUps & TV Jones ***SuperTron (neck).

* http://www.tvjones.com/pickups/powertron.html

** http://www.sdpickups.com/specialty.shtml - Dirty Harry

*** http://www.tvjones.com/pickups/supertron.html

• Members

that is gorgeous! is the bridge pinned or secured in any way? That's the one thing that has always made me shy away from the full hollow bodied guitars.

Not secured in any way shape or form. I think I'm going to use some double sided sticky tape. Actually, the bridge doesn't move much. I have flats on it at the moment, so not much bending going on, but before the flats, if I bend the G more than a whole step or the B more than a a half step, usually the bridge would move a tiny bit.

• Members

Very nice!!! Welcome to the club. I was definitely surprised how well they take some gain. I've also just about mastered being able to hold mine right at the point of feedback/sustain that makes all of the hair stand up on your neck - which can really beef up solos.

As it happens, I played all three of my Artcores pretty obnoxiously loud tonight because my wife is out of town for a week and there's nobody nearby enough to be pissed about the noize.

PS> why did you change your avatar?

Great guitars for sure and thanks for the welcome. It is almost like playing with a sustainer, but real natural, I will have to get a semihollow for some higher fret access.

This avatar is a temp, which one are you talking about? The pic of me, or the cat?

• Members

I need some help guys!

A good deal on an AFS75T just came up and I'm trying to justify buying it. For those who have/have played both an AS73 and an AFS75 - tremolo aside, is there much difference in sound or feel between the two? Deal or no deal, I don't want to shell out $$ for a guitar that will sound like one I already have.

Also, is the AFS75T semi or full hollow? I seem to see conflicting reports on this.

• Members

Noyce! I like blue guitars. How do you like the Bigsby on that bad boy?

for the limited trem use, its great...any psycho divebombs and it goes out of tune fast, but i'm too old for that stuff anyway

the color blows me away, in indoor light its almost a turquoise:love:

Archived