What do you look like?

dragoro

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew from that first pic that you were an old fart!!!! F-101s have been out of service for YEARS!!!!

Hey, you're good! It is indeed an F-101 "voodoo". In Canada they're called "CF-101" if I remember well. And this pic is almost 40 years old so yes, I'm getting old...

• Members
Hey, you're good! It is indeed an F-101 "voodoo". In Canada they're called "CF-101" if I remember well. And this pic is almost 40 years old so yes, I'm getting old...

Yeah, I recognized the distinctive jet intake along the fuselage as that of the F-101. When I skipped through the pics I did see that it was a Canadian Voodoo. We quit flying them in the USAF back in the '60s except for the recon version (RF-101C) in Viet Nam. IIRC it was an RF-101C that took the publicly released pics of the Cuban missile sites, since the U-2 pics were still classified in '62.

I don't know how long you guys kept flying them, but they were probably out of our ANG ranks by the mid-70s. I'm not a pilot or anything, just a plane nut. :blah::blah::blah:

• Members
I would genuinely be absolutely lost without that Gordon Smith.

I've been playing it solidly for about 8 years, and it's beat up bad now, but it ALWAYS delivers.

The Bass is a cheapo Peavey Milestone III, MIC I believe.

But thats me all over..The Peavey gets gigged and the US Precision gets taken to the gig, but sits in it's case or on a stand all night!

The only problem was seeing the side dots in low light, rectified by me drawing considerably bigger ones straight onto the maple neck under the originals with a sharpie!

:thu:

Haha, well done!

I'm the same way. Sunday I played my Frankentele I bought for $100, and the Hamer Special stayed in the rack. I've been known to sharpie-in dings myself.

• 3 months later...

Archived