Kirkster's Lefty Lounge - Lefties, share your stories.

kirkster57

• Members

Originally posted by leftyjay

i'm proud of these 2 beauties. i had a white christmas even here in SW Florida

may i ask you what you have paid?

i have guess for a DC white falcon, there were once two on ebay, from the same seller, with the same picture, and i ask3ed if it was a relist or if its another guitar, he said its another one he had two in his shop.

this was the only one occurance i saw lefty dc going around, have anybody else some more info? gretsch does not built them anymore, but when did they have?

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
t_e_l_e, that tele is slick. Do you have any audio clips of it?

never did clips before, just some recordings with my mp3 player with the whole band, but i guess its not worthy to share, and currently there is nothing recorded with the new tele.

but soundwise, this thing is really hmm different :)
i did only play strats and les pauls before and this tele fits in completly in the middle. its not as warm and fat sounding than my lp, and it also does not do the stratish sound. it sounds amazing, its dirty its bad its punky its fun to play...
i don't know how else i could describe it :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

woo Lefty here too!

Main guitar I play is an Ibanez RG1570..about went nuts when they came out with a lefty prestiage.. Definately my fav guitar other than the plain black paint w/ dot inlays.

Raven West guitar (www.ravenwestguitar.com) makes some awesome lefties..I have one of the ealier models before the AAJ joint.. Really good guitar.

Bout to sell my JSX, Raven, Strat, and maybe my Les Paul to get a Carvin DC400 made I think.

or an Ibanez RG3120 lefty... probably the Carvin though..

Be cool to have a custom lefty.

• Members

i added one more gretsch this past month. its a 7594 White Falcon II. plays great, sounds great. it may not be everybody's cup of tea, but for my style and the gigs i play, these white gretsches work very well.
G7594body.jpg

plus i just changed over my gretsch 6128-57 from dynasonics to filtertrons. it came out looking sweet and was too good of a guitar to sell off and buy a replacement.

before...
6128-57sm.jpg

after...
pickupmod2sm.jpg

the dynasonics had a great sound. kind of a p-90/tele mix, but the hum was bad. i stand next to a keyboard during my gigs and it made the guitar hum a lot. it plays and sounds sweet now.

• Members
i added one more gretsch this past month. its a 7594 White Falcon II. plays great, sounds great. it may not be everybody's cup of tea, but for my style and the gigs i play, these white gretsches work very well.

G7594body.jpg

where did you got it? how much was it? is there a second one?
just seen a white falcon dc once two years ago, gretsch says they don't made them...

• Members

Hi, everyone. I've been a lefty for as long as I can remember. It started when I lived in New York, on Long Island. I was a straight-arrow member of the Democratic party, marched against the Vietnam war, opposed Richard Nixon and supported liberal politicians and leftist causes, whatever they were. I also supported civil rights.

When I moved to Wisconsin I discovered many, many leftists. Madison, Wisconsin is probably ground zero for liberal leftist political activity. I don't live in Madison, or near it, but I manage to visit there once in a while.

I live close to Minneapolis/St. Paul, the land of Paul Wellstone and the Democratic Farmer Labor party. I am a card-carrying, dues paying member of the Wisconsin Democratic Party, and a well known friend to leftists here in Wisconsin. Some of my earliest musical experiences were playing at rallies for liberal causes and progressive candidates here is Wisconsin. "Progressive" is the word we like to use in Wisconsin when we mean "communist sympathizer." "Liberal" and "leftist" are additional synonyms for "communist sympathizer."

Glad to see that HCEG has a leftist clique. Maybe we could start a fund, to raise money for liberal candidates for the U.S. congress. Let me know what you think. BTW, Russ Feingold and Herb Kohl are our U.S. senators here in Wisconsin. They are two fine liberal statesmen. If we all pitch in together, we can spread the liberal ideas and leftist values that have made this country great. And which, er, can make any country great, if they are adopted.

• Members

Hi, everyone. I've been a lefty for as long as I can remember. It started when I lived in New York, on Long Island. I was a straight-arrow member of the Democratic party, marched against the Vietnam war, opposed Richard Nixon and supported liberal politicians and leftist causes, whatever they were. I also supported civil rights.

When I moved to Wisconsin I discovered many, many leftists. Madison, Wisconsin is probably ground zero for liberal leftist political activity. I don't live in Madison, or near it, but I manage to visit there once in a while.

I live close to Minneapolis/St. Paul, the land of Paul Wellstone and the Democratic Farmer Labor party. I am a card-carrying, dues paying member of the Wisconsin Democratic Party, and a well known friend to leftists here in Wisconsin. Some of my earliest musical experiences were playing at rallies for liberal causes and progressive candidates here is Wisconsin. "Progressive" is the word we like to use in Wisconsin when we mean "communist sympathizer." "Liberal" and "leftist" are additional synonyms for "communist sympathizer."

Glad to see that HCEG has a leftist clique. Maybe we could start a fund, to raise money for liberal candidates for the U.S. congress. Let me know what you think. BTW, Russ Feingold and Herb Kohl are our U.S. senators here in Wisconsin. They are two fine liberal statesmen. If we all pitch in together, we can spread the liberal ideas and leftist values that have made this country great. And which, er, can make any country great, if they are adopted.

Dude seriously, wrong kind of lefty. Take that hippy dippy {censored} someplace else like Open Jam or the political thread. This is to discuss left handed guitars. Thanks.

• Members

Dude seriously, wrong kind of lefty. Take that hippy dippy {censored} someplace else like Open Jam or the political thread. This is to discuss left handed guitars. Thanks.

Chill dude he was making a joke its not like this is an apartment building and we are gonna run outta space or something...sheesh

• Members
to share it with all you lefties also, this is my new guitar:

MIJ72re_telec.jpg
mij 72re tele custom

that is about as pretty as guitar as I can imagine. simple tele, simple black, just amazing...where did you get it and how much?

• Members

that is about as pretty as guitar as I can imagine. simple tele, simple black, just amazing...where did you get it and how much?

got it from mijsixstringkatana on ebay, those are his current listing:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmijsixstringskatanaQQhtZ-1

he has always brand new Fender MIJ lefties with a buy it now. i got mine for 880$, shipps pretty quick and i got the guitar within 3 days from japan to europe

last time i saw a tele like mine for 780 BIN so became cheaper... *grml*

• Members

where did you got it? how much was it? is there a second one?

just seen a white falcon dc once two years ago, gretsch says they don't made them...

i bought this one on ebay, but i've seen a few across the net for around $2000. i think they made these in 2004. most of the ones you see are 04 models.

here's a link http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/inventory/DetailsLefties.cfm

• Members
Nice!
:eek:
I've been gassin for a lefty 7 string lately. So is that a full custom, or an Ibanez body with a custom neck?

dude.. this guitar is a full custom..
however, it's a bit of a half breed..
Avarice used to look like this:
avarice1.jpg
which was made by UniversalJems
body: alder
neck: maple - 3 piece
f/b: ebony
pups: 2 PAF7 and a S/C
bridge: LoPro Edge 7

This version of Avarice [Avarice I] was based upon the UV7. The build quality was ok in most areas and actually quite poor on some parts of the neck. She had an interesting voice and was mainly used as a riff machine in the studio. I couldn't take her on stage because the neck was simply not good enough everywhere. The profile was really "blocky", and above the 18th fret she really sucked bad. But for riffing she was great.
I needed however to play some gigs with a 7 string, and I'd already been working with Morgan Custom, helping them to develop a 'Hot Rod' variant of their Merlin model. So Morgan came to the rescue and built me a replacement neck. This served two purposes:
1 - bailed me out so I could go play the 7-string gigs
2 - served as a test bed for the 7-string protoype neck

The Avarice I body and hardware was used as a test bed to mount and trial the Morgan neck, thereby giving birth to Avarice II.
Once the new neck was fitted, all the neon colours looked nasty so I fixed it all.
Avarice II is now
body: alder - same body as Av I
neck: maple - single piece birdseye maple
f/b: ziricote
pups: 2 PAF7 - to be replaced by my prototype "Clarky sig model" Bulldogs
bridge: LoPro Edge 7
Custom Pickguard: Pickguard Paradise - the original P/G was a bit crap, plus I was switching from H-S-H to H-H and didn't want a great big empty hole.

After all that I ended up with:
avarice-13a.jpg
quite a transformation isn't it.. lol..

the birdseye neck
avarice6.jpg

the Morgan headstock - she's a prototype explaining why there is no logo etc..
avarice8.jpg

abalone inlays
avarice9.jpg

ziricote F/B - note the blonde "sap wood". Ziricote fans consider this as bling..
Basically, the more sap wood on a ziricote F/B, the more bling it is
avarice10.jpg

custom P/G - which the "Clarky Shredding Stickman" logo
avarice12.jpg

the new neck changed absolutely everything..
her tone grew ten fold
her sustain grew
she's wicked fast and completely alive in my hands

so having been a tacky neon riff machine confined to the studio that was pretty much the last guitar in the rack I'd reach for..
she's now my number one lil' girlie and I can't leave her alone..
we're now deeply in love and going to live happily ever after..

avarice11.jpg

The thing with these Morgans is that they're more than just nicely made "bling-wood" furnature guitars...
they are principley about being tone monsters and are very high performance guitars..

when I look at my 6 and 7 string Hot Rod Merlins - that are currently being born..
I know that they'll each have the beauty, grace and finesse of a Dutchess..
but they'll go like a trailer-park whore...

it just don't get any better than that now does it.. lmao..

• Members
i bought this one on ebay, but i've seen a few across the net for around $2000. i think they made these in 2004. most of the ones you see are 04 models.

here's a link
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/inventory/DetailsLefties.cfm

thx for the link.
i did google searches but i never found one, damn i missed the auction :D
but it has no bigsby, do you if they were also made with a bigsby instead of gretsch standard trem?

• 3 months later...

Archived