Kirkster's Lefty Lounge - Lefties, share your stories.

kirkster57

• Members

Were you forced to play that way or was it natural for you? I golf and bat right handed, but there is no ay I can play a guitar right handed.

I started Right.... I CANNOT fret anythingwith my left hand. Weird. I don't understand why Lefties dont use Right handed guitars... the more advanced hand (Left) would be on the fret board, which IMHO is the more important hand to be fast, precise and accurate.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For some reason I cannot get into the Reverend Guitars.

However, I am looking at a NGD soon. I have no idea what I am getting, just playing by ear so to speak. Maybe one of the new Strats, or a Gibby. Depends on what I find, and where. You would think living in LA I got a million guitars stores to choose from, but no one carries lefties. GCs are joke around for lefties, TruTone in Santa Monica is good but very pricey. West LA music is OK, I saw a candy coke Strat there. Carvin has been goo dto me I can can catch a sale or something. I went into the Carvin Covina store and saw a CT6 there for seven hundred something.

I am, for some reason, on an American made kick for guitars.

• Members

I started Right.... I CANNOT fret anythingwith my left hand. Weird. I don't understand why Lefties dont use Right handed guitars... the more advanced hand (Left) would be on the fret board, which IMHO is the more important hand to be fast, precise and accurate.

It never entered my mind to try and play righty.

• Members

Then righties would be playing LH guitars. I hate seeing this come up in every lefty thread

• Members

For some reason I cannot get into the Reverend Guitars.

However, I am looking at a NGD soon. I have no idea what I am getting, just playing by ear so to speak. Maybe one of the new Strats, or a Gibby. Depends on what I find, and where. You would think living in LA I got a million guitars stores to choose from, but no one carries lefties. GCs are joke around for lefties, TruTone in Santa Monica is good but very pricey. West LA music is OK, I saw a candy coke Strat there. Carvin has been goo dto me I can can catch a sale or something. I went into the Carvin Covina store and saw a CT6 there for seven hundred something.

I am, for some reason, on an American made kick for guitars.

What's the selection at Norm's like? He used to post nice lefties on ebay now and then.

• Members

Talked to John @ West LA music, he has a candy cola strat on hold for me. Gonna go by Thursday and check it out. Has the maple neck.

I went into GC @ lunch and the monkey behind hind the counter pissed me off:

me: Do you have any of the lefty American Standards in?

monkey: Special order only.

me: WTF?? Why?

monkey: Because it's lefty. Do you want me to order?

me: Nope I know somewhere that does, and they will get my business.

I don't think GC will get any of my business any longer. Not even strings.

• Members

Slight SPAMage here guys, but I feel justified as a lefty!

After months of waiting for 'em, we have the lefty Reverends in stock (Liverpool, UK, and only Reverend UK Dealer!).

Our plan to have a 70/30 Lefty to Righty shop is starting to come to fruition! :thu:

Anyone who's interested, feel free to PM me.

LeftyGroupShot-1-1.jpg

• Members
holy {censored}, that's a great collection you have here messiah !
:thu:

I see REverends...for how long have they been (finally) making lefties ???

Thanks!

This is the 1st batch of lefties that Reverend have made, they have been on general release for only a few weeks.
I've got to say, I have been blown away by the standard of them.

You will notice in the pic, back right, the Warhawk II 390 in metallic red, well that one is now mine after being blown away by it. It is the most versatile stock guitar I have ever played, honest to god, hand on heart, no sales BS. :eek:

Although it is my least favourite looking, the Buckshot (front right with the open Tele pickup) provided me with a 'toss up' dilemma... it is a Tele Custom in essence, but with the addition of the Bass Contour control, it goes from vintage to hot rodded Tele sounds in an instance. So, it will do wiry 'Led Zep I' sounds one minute, then with the roll of the Bass Contour you can be in warm fat territory... and the ace up the sleeve is that it is truly gradual, so you get all the stages in between (it's not like a tone control where it is 'little less, little less, GONE!).
If the Buckshot isn't sold by the end of month, I'm going to have to have it. ;)

The Warhawk II does all this ^^ but has a different tonality... I used to have a non-reverse '63 Firebird with 3 P90's that I stupidly sold, and this is pretty close to that sound...
...I'm like a pig in mud at the minute, I've also just added the Eastwood Delta 6 to my collection (pictured back left), which is the most fun I've gotten from a guitar in a long time.

Busy week for me...;):cop:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There isn't one as far as I know... but, I've got a RH Longhorn Baritone that I flipped over and, other than the controls being a little in the way, it is very symmetrical and easy to access the upper frets, etc.

It also happens to sound pretty freaking amazing! :)

• Members

ugh

a store i want to order a fender highway one from is asking 925 for it because they need to order it in, mean while there is a righty sitting there for 749, i ask why cant have that price? he said because its a floor model, if that wasnt a bull{censored} excuse i'd buy it, but i know it is, i bought a DRRi there last month the floor model was 999, i got a fresh one from the back for the same price, and around xmas i had them order a les paul that i got the floor price on as well, why is being a lefty so hard. no one cares about us, so i need help in haggling with these guys.

the store is renaissance music in kingston.

• Members

ugh

a store i want to order a fender highway one from is asking 925 for it because they need to order it in, mean while there is a righty sitting there for 749, i ask why cant have that price? he said because its a floor model, if that wasnt a bull{censored} excuse i'd buy it, but i know it is, i bought a DRRi there last month the floor model was 999, i got a fresh one from the back for the same price, and around xmas i had them order a les paul that i got the floor price on as well, why is being a lefty so hard. no one cares about us, so i need help in haggling with these guys.

the store is renaissance music in kingston.

Tell them that's a load of crap. I ordered a Highway 1 from my local guy and I got charged the standard retail price of 729. You can find these guitars all day long at online retailers. Tell him to look at the online prices. Hell, I just bought a new American Standard from West LA Music for 899 (discounted price), including the new hardshell case. I bought strings and a straplock set and walked out the door including tax, for less than 1K.

If he has to order from Fender he gets a wholesale price and then marks up, but I know for a fact these guitars go for 749 online. 200 on top of that is just not right.

• Members

Tell them that's a load of crap. I ordered a Highway 1 from my local guy and I got charged the standard retail price of 729. You can find these guitars all day long at online retailers. Tell him to look at the online prices. Hell, I just bought a new American Standard from West LA Music for 899 (discounted price), including the new hardshell case. I bought strings and a straplock set and walked out the door including tax, for less than 1K.

If he has to order from Fender he gets a wholesale price and then marks up, but I know for a fact these guitars go for 749 online. 200 on top of that is just not right.

its not right at all, but fender products don't ship to canada, if they do, i've yet to find a site that does. Anyways, I went down there again today and asked to see the manager, pleaded my case hegave the the 749 price and some swag, set of strings and picks, so i put a deposit down on a black hwy1 with rosewood neck, now i just gotta wait for it to arrive, he said about 2 weeks or so, i can't wait.

• Members

I'm seriously thinking about a lefty Reverend but I can't decide between the Double Agent and the Buckshot. I'm mainly a tele guy and the buckshot should get me as close as I'm gonna get to a hot rod tele and the sound clips on the Rev site sound great. I'd really like to get something with p90's too, which is where the DA comes in, but I can't find any sound clips of it anywhere. Anybody tried one?

• Members

Yep, I've got both here...

I think the Buckshot smokes the Double Agent soundwise, especially if you like Tele's.

The Bass Contour gives you different types of Telecaster-type sounds too, it's amazing. Roll it off and you have a bright, punchy, zesty 50's Tele type sound (it does an amazing Led Zep I impression!), put the BC back up and you have the fattest Tele sound, but still with lots of presence, that you could imagine...

I'm going to try and get some sound clips done soon, I'm just really busy at present!

• Members
...I'm like a pig in mud at the minute, I've also just added the Eastwood Delta 6 to my collection (pictured back left), which is the most fun I've gotten from a guitar in a long time.

Busy week for me...
;):cop:

Hey, Messiah, you still enjoying that Delta 6? Looks like a great deal for the money. Any issues?

• Members
Hey, Messiah, you still enjoying that Delta 6? Looks like a great deal for the money. Any issues?

For the money, none at all. :thu:

You know when you pick a guitar up and just have fun playing it? Well, it's that type of guitar... it makes your licks and riffs sound great and it's a pleasure to just chill out with and play... minutes become hours, etc...

It also sounds pretty cool through an amp too. I love running it into a fuzz pedal , it feeds back in a very musical way with very little encouragement!

It will sound unlike any other guitar you have, unless you already have a 335-type Dobro guitar...;)

Archived