A Custom Guitar... Check pictures!

Red Scorpion

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
You might want to send Gibson a Cease and Desist for their Firebird X.

Gibson needs to cease and desist from the Firebird X no matter what! lol

But, dude, Red that is one seriously cool piece of work. The DIY mad-scientist nature of it makes everything that screams fail on Gibson's version cool on yours. :thu:

:rawk:

• Members

screw batteries, you should figure out away to phantom power it with a stereo cable. I've seen it done with EMG pups before, no reason why the same thing won't work for fx as well.

Nice job man.

There was that system released a couple of years ago where you could mod your amp and all your pedals and then the pedals were all powered via the instrument cable. I forget what it's called though and have no idea if they are still around.

• Members

have to say, that's probably in the top 5 coolest things I've ever seen on this forum! Phenomenal job on the layout as well. Excellent use of the real estate that an explorer has.

Never been a big fan of active pickups, but I guess it would be a necessity with that thing.

hat's off to a job well done. Love to see a shot of the back when you have the time.

• Members

I appreciate your comments, the idea started actually with a strat I had, I placed a distortion, delay, and tremolo effects in it. that was back in 2002, then I had this idea to push it to the limits and put all the analog effects I find useful in one guitar.

I know I have disappeared for about 3 years, I was in school and never had the time to even play a guitar, I am sure you guys will forgive me if I posted a video with not so good guitar skills, right? :p

Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot sounds cool, but it is too long, putting W T F in there is not very classy lol

I do plan on posting a video sometime soon. Thanks again, I am glad you liked it, it really works well as if there are pedals on the ground with no interference at all

Archived