A Custom Guitar... Check pictures!

Red Scorpion

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yeah, really a crazy beast, red scorpion
:thu:

Did you install original Boss effetcs, or BOSS clones, like diy-stuff? Any gut-shots?

Next guitar --> Custom Custom LP ?
:D

Good question!

They were all original Boss and Ibanez effects except for the Pulsar Tremolo which was a DIY!

BUT, I had to carve the effect fiber boards in order to minimize thier size a bit, especially the Weeping Demon WD7 which I chopped in half and folded it in order to fit it in its place.

Gut pic coming soon, when I calibrate the wah I will take pics

• Members

Care to explain how the wah works? I'm not a fan of such overly complex guitars, but the DIY'y-ness of this is pretty cool. The positional wah sounds very impressive..

The best thing about the Ibanez WD7 is that it is optical wah... which means no mechanical parts involved!

If you put a piece of metal or plastic with a weight between the sensors and give it free movement, then you get position sensitivity... I still need to work on the calibration of that, other optical wah include the hellbabe behringer which I tried and found not as good sounding as the WD7... I wanted to get a Boss V wah, but I wasn't sure if that one was optical and I didn't like the fact that it has distortion in it.

I will post inside pics soon, the fact is, int he final stages of work, the process got accelerated and I didn't have time to take pics.

Cheers everyone~

• Members

Awesome! I came very close to purchasing an effector once, but didn't like the onboard fx that it came with. Had I your ability for seeing the forest for the trees, I may have gone through with it.

The manual for that thing is gonna be a bitch to write up.

• Members

Awesome! I came very close to purchasing an effector once, but didn't like the onboard fx that it came with. Had I your ability for seeing the forest for the trees, I may have gone through with it.

The manual for that thing is gonna be a bitch to write up.

I can simply staple the manuals of all the effects that are built in and that would be it lol

Except for the fact that the guitar body is plywood and the original effects that usually come with it are unusable, the effector delivered a great sound when I received it. If you decide to "change the gut" of the guitar, it makes it even better...

I love the effector shape, for some reason I feel it has more to give than a Gibson explorer...

I recommend Cort Effector, if you find one... buy it!, they are getting more difficult to find these days, one day will come when you won't be able to find any.

• 3 years later...

Archived