WOW This girl is amazing!!!

chiro972

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These threads always come up. If a cute girl can do anything, guys act like its amazing lol.

All weirdness and "tongue in cheek" :D aside, there is something to be said for watching their delicate hands rip up the fretboard with what almost always appears to be appropriate minimalistic effort, ease and efficiency.

Plus I've never seen one make this kind of guitar face.

SRV1.jpg

• Members

+1 about facial expression...my guitar face, and my taking a crap face are very similar, if not the same.

When watching woman guitar players use their more delicate touch and minimal effort, it sometimes makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong, or is bending the living {censored} out of strings just my style?

One atribute about Kelly's guitar playing that first impresses me is that she smiles very often, in my opinion that is a sign of confidence.

Being the old {censored} pervert I am, I googled her name and found her facebook, she had her picture taken with Slash:eek:

• Members

Disagree. It was unfortunate that she didn't play "live", which led to all of the speculation about her being fake, but great playing is great playing.

I would love to hear some of her originals.

There are tens of thousands of videos on youtube of better male guitar players and nobody gives a {censored}. She's good no doubt but if she wasn't a cute girl there's no way her playing alone would justify a thread like this. But again, she's good, not trying to downplay that.

• Members
There are tens of thousands of videos on youtube of better male guitar players and nobody gives a {censored}. She's good no doubt but if she wasn't a cute girl there's no way her playing alone would justify a thread like this. But again, she's good, not trying to downplay that.

so you're saying if she was ugly, nobody would care? hasn't susan boyl taught you anything? (is that how you spell her name?)

but no, i agree with you.

i haven't had a chance to watch anything but the first video, but based off that, and all the compliments she's getting, i'm feeling pretty good about my own playing, because i would say thats about as good as i am. :)

• Members

she's undoubtedly very good. But it'd be even better if the covers were not note for note imho. i've seen too many people stare at tab for hours and could play the song absolutely perfectly but couldn't play anything that they haven't memorized by number. Covers imho are tribute to the player being covered, no need to copy note for note. if i wanted to hear that same thing id go download the actual album. Itd more astounding if she put some of her own music creativity in, improv a litte bit, add some of her own genius in. But if i search stevie ray vaughn cover on youtube ill pull up 18million results and almost every single video sounding exactly the same except for the people deciding to take it a step further.

• Members

Yeah... she seems very talented. But her page has 6x as many views as this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/scheidtl

And he is an absolutely incredible and creative guitarist (at least in my opinion). And 10x as many views as this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/mpigott

Who covers some of the hardest solos I know of. It is possible that those two guys are in a different genre (80's metal styles) so their appeal is less. Even still they seem so talented so it is hard to imagine why they don't have as many views.

Not to be sexist, but I think Cyprusg is right. If it was just another guy playing covers people would care a lot less.

• Members

... Holy {censored}.

Anyway, yes she is quite attractive, and some of her videos have syncing attempts worse than those of Milli Vanilli. Why would someone who can actually play do that, I have no idea.

Also, note how during the performance vid, she's like smiling at the camera while in the lesson she's actually looking at her hands and concentrating on the playing... You can't argue that it wasn't at least prerecorded.

• Members

Actually, I'm the OP and that is not true. I have posted many male musicians that I thought were impressive on youtube. In fact, I am a youtube-a-holic. I am blown away by how much undiscovered talent there is out there. The girl is definitely playing and has talent. She also has a few vids with her playing leads that were not so great, but overall, I feel she is definitely a talent and the fact that she has only been playing 5 years impressed me. Now, I will certainly admit that she is extremely attractive, but that was only a plus, not the reason I posted.

• Members

Itd more astounding if she put some of her own music creativity in, improv a litte bit, add some of her own genius in.

Absolutely, that's why I want to hear her originals. It does take a level of talent and discipline to do a cover of one of the greats, but it's more important (and impressive) to do something on your own.

• Members

Yeah... she seems very talented. But her page has 6x as many views as this guy:

And he is an absolutely incredible and creative guitarist (at least in my opinion). And 10x as many views as this guy:

Who covers some of the hardest solos I know of. It is possible that those two guys are in a different genre (80's metal styles) so their appeal is less. Even still they seem so talented so it is hard to imagine why they don't have as many views.

Not to be sexist, but I think Cyprusg is right. If it was just another guy playing covers people would care a lot less.

that's just the way {censored} works. Hot chicks always get attention and if they have a talent they get even more attention. That's why a lot of times, a mediocre cover band with a smoking hot chick singer who goes up on stage half naked will have a bigger following than a great band made up of a bunch of 40-something year old dudes.

Archived