"Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Keith's Guitars, But Were Afraid To Ask!"

GAS Man

• Members

It's pretty cool that they kept that guy on considering he started out as a keyboard tech and technology kind of passed him by.

Yep. I was reading about him last year. Seems he benefited in the long run by successfully adapting and learning quickly when he wasn't expected to.

• Members

Whoa... two posts up ^^^ what's that low E string doing on there??!?

Notice the modern saddles and bridge? For open tunings best to use the saddles instead of the vintage kind shown in the photo due to intonation.

and the low E string should come off if you are going to play stones stuff.

I have a 2nd 52 tele reissue I bought from my boss. he changed the wiring to modern and put the saddles in w/the bridge. unfortunately when he did this he lost his original bridge and saddles so unless I pull the neck off I don't have the serial number.

It's my bastard 52. I also have a bastard nocaster w/o the COA. My bastard 52 is also fairly heavy for a tele while my standard tuning 52 is light.

• Members

Great read and really insightful, I am halfway threw Keiths bio -Life and recommend it for anyone even if you are not even a big Stones fan but just a fan of the whole early music scene. Keith goes into a hell of a lot of guitar info, more than any guitarists bio I have read and I have read a lot.

Archived