What Gear Have You Unloaded - and Most Wish You Hadn't?

RufusFussbuster

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a mid 60s Fender Bassman Which I STUPIDLY sold to get a larger wattage amp back in '69. I also had a Les Paul Gold Top Deluxe with mini-humbuckers around the same time. That guitar thru that amp was SO SWEET. I was young and incredibly stupid.

• Members

My first amp was a little Gorilla GG-20. I sold it to a friend back in high school, because he needed a practice amp to learn on. No, it didn't sound all that great, but I kinda wish I had it for the sentimental value. I remember being so excited playing with the overdrive. When you're just a kid, and you're only learning, anything's exciting, I guess.

I had also had a Gorilla - sounded like crap by itself, but had a line out and sounded killer running thru another amp, at least back then!

• Members

In the mid 90's, I traded my 1974 Ampeg V4 full stack (w/covers & wheels)

in 1973 i was playing in a band with a friend and he had the BIG V4, with the 8x10 cab (or 6x10's ??)....thing was LOOOUUUUUDDDD!!!

i was using the 1969 Les Paul Custom thru a 1969 Vox AC 30 and an LPB-1 for lead :lol::lol:

man the old days.

• Members

in 1973 i was playing in a band with a friend and he had the BIG V4, with the 8x10 cab (or 6x10's ??)....thing was LOOOUUUUUDDDD!!!

i was using the 1969 Les Paul Custom thru a 1969 Vox AC 30 and an LPB-1 for lead
:lol:
:lol:

man the old days.

Do you remember Ampeg's V9.

It's a rare one.

It's an SVT with reverb.

It came with cabinets mounted with 9 10" speakers.

The cabs were divided in 3 sections where the 10's were mounted in a triangle formation.

I tried one with 2 9 10 cabs when I bought my V 4.

The head had 6 6550 power tubes and it shook the ground.

My wife told me that we couldn't fit it in our apartment.

Gone are the days of Coral Kilawatt amps.............1000 watts and 2 cabs ....each with 8 12" speakers.:eek:

When I was in HS, I had a Plush amp w/ 2 2X15 speaker cabs.............:facepalm:

• Members

That R4 is dead sexy.

The only guitar I've unloaded that I kinda miss is a MIM Robert Cray strat. It was a fanstatic guitar but I thought it redundant at the time to have two strats and I wanted to put the funds elsewhere. In the end it helped cover the cost of another guitar though that blows it out of the water, so at least my story has a happy ending.

• Members

Ric 430. Looked just like this:

430-fran-frontfull.jpg

Can be seen in this pic to my right:

guitarsporchth5.jpg

Back then I knew very little about electric guitars. The Ric had some issues, but they probably could've been solved by a simple set-up by a good tech.

One almost never sees the 430's around anymore. They were designed in part by Forrest White, formerly of Fender, and weren't very popular.

Archived