What Gear Have You Unloaded - and Most Wish You Hadn't?

RufusFussbuster

• Members

There's a lot of gear that in hindsight I could have gotten far more out of, but which I didn't have the knowledge to utilize at the time. For that reason I sometimes wish I had some of it back. OTOH I never GAS for gear I've already had, always for something else, and I take that as a sign that I've made broadly the right choices getting rid of gear

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1989 PRS CE. Traded it in 1996 to one of my best friends for a MIJ Strat, new pickups and $200. 15 years later he tells me he'll never get rid of it. That guitar was extremely responsive and sounded better than any other PRS I've tried.

• Members

The three i regret

Aria Pro II MIJ CS4OO in electric Blue..I have never seen another..

G&L Invader USA ...I traded it in on my Strat Ultra that i still have but i loved that guitar..

Ibanez S540LTD MIJ..This is the biggest regret..I let it go because it was literally falling apart..The screw holes had started to whole out..Relic'd would have been a kind word to call the finish..It had been repaired over and over again..

In all honesty it was never going to be the same guitar but it had traveled many of miles and played to many shows to remember ..The only thing it would have been good for is a wall hanger but even still it had a ton of memories ..

• Members

I have one of those Squier Super-Sonics in blue sparkle myself. I bought it a while back off the internets, it too had been converted to lefty in its life before I got it.

As for my regrets,

Iby Talman Blue Sparkle with bigsby, Harmony Rocket

Moog Source, Micromoog, Arp Odyssey, Korg Mono/Poly, Sequential Pro-One, Oberheim OBSX

60's Gibson EB-2, early G&L L-1000, Kramer fretless aluminum neck

Roland CH-1, Ross Compressor, original EH Polyphase, Roland Chorus Echo

• Members

An old Univox Coiley 335 copy. That was a sweet playing guitar, very unique sounding. Let a friend borrow it and he grew accustomed to it and I had an Ibanez Talmen also so I let him have it. Sure do wish I could get it back.

335brown.jpg

And of course my PA system that included and Allen and Heath 32 channel board, Tc Helicon stuff and DBX eq's, Also there were 4 EAW double 18 subs and 4 EAW top cabs powered by 4 QSC 3402 amps. All for the holy {censored} I am broke price of 2,000 dollars. When I think about it I still tear up :(

Archived