This is the thread of Fender Japan guitars that you covet and can't get here!

honeyiscool

• Members

As you know, Fender Japan makes a lot of different guitars that never make it out of Japan. Here are some of my favorites:

Jazzmaster w/ ivory binding and block inlays

jm66b_3ts.jpg

Hollow body Jazzmaster:

jm_ho_nat.jpg

F-hole Jaguar:

jg_ho_3ts.jpg

Jaguar, bound neck:

jg65b-vsp_3ts.jpg

Jaguar, matching headstock:

jg66_ocr.jpg

Competition Mustang:

mg73-co_cpo.jpg

Competition Mustang Bass:

mb-sd-co_vwh.jpg

Awesome Ash Strat:

st57ash_trp.jpg

Paisley Tele:

tl69_bfl.jpg

Jaguar Bass, left-handed so you lefties don't feel left out (hehe)

jab_lh_blk.jpg

• Members

Albert Collins model - on the lookout for one of these:

DS01256341_2.jpg

Black hollow jag:

DS01254107.jpg

nice green with matching headstock:

DS01253211_2.jpg

Always been a sucker for those metal covers:

DS01252776.jpg

want

DS01252192.jpg

these are pretty cool, had one for a while a couple years back. kind of regret selling it, might buy another:

DS01255700.jpg

rosewood topped strat:

DS01250171.jpg

Always loved the look of these:

DS01248495_1.jpg

want.

DS01256066.jpg

New budget model:

DS01246343.jpg

• Members

Christ, between the two guitars with matching headstocks, the rosewood topped strat and the other strat with the SSH configuration with the Gotoh it makes most strats here seem bo-ring.

Excellent.

I think if you order 25, Fender Japan will build anything you want. A lot of the really cool stuff comes from limited runs like that. Musicland (large chain here) does this a few times a year.

• Members

I think if you order 25, Fender Japan will build anything you want. A lot of the really cool stuff comes from limited runs like that. Musicland (large chain here) does this a few times a year.

GRRRR WHY DO AMERICANS LIKE BORING GEETARS.

I'm not a Japanophile or nothing, but Fender Japan is the best of America made better, period.

• Members

So I was shopping the other day, thinking how come Fender doesn't make many FR guitars with maple fingerboards?

I guess they're all in Japan.

I'm not drooling over any of them
too
much, but that candy red Jag with the matching headstock... not too shabby.
:thu:

Ha, I had one and sold it. It sure was a looker but it was getting no action in my castle.

• Members

As you know, Fender Japan makes a lot of different guitars that never make it out of Japan. Here are some of my favorites:...

I used to see the Competition Mustang guitars and basses around a couple of years ago. In fact, I know someone locally who bought one at Geetar Center back then.

• Members

Well, you can get these, just hard. Some of these were offered in America for a while, and there's always people like me who want a guitar enough to import it.

I'd love a Compstang guitar and bass, matching set, white with blue stripes. Will be hard unless I do the work myself.

• Members

So I was shopping the other day, thinking how come Fender doesn't make many FR guitars with maple fingerboards?

I guess they're all in Japan.

Ha, I had one and sold it. It sure was a looker but it was getting no action in my castle.

Just buy a Charvel. Fender owns Charvel, is the same damn thing nowaday's. And they're MIJ.:idea::idea::idea::facepalm:

Archived