Finally an album in the making.

boosh

• Members

Dropping in to this place to tell you guys something. I know I'm not here very often anymore. it's not that I've forgotten this place but there's just too much going on in my life sometimes.

Most of you know I kept on making music and producing stuff over the years but hardly anything is considered worth sharing it with the public (at least that's what I think).

This time it's gonna be different. My skills have improved over the years and I now feel confident enough to start working on a full concept album. Like the ones we used to have when CDs were not here yet. Remember puttin' some vinyl on the turntable and drifting away for 50 minutes?

I gathered more than 30 local musicians/conceptual artists and actors around me that are going to contribute to this project.(Found also some cool video people).

The inspiration for this album is going to be a concert The Grateful Dead did on the 2nd of July 1971 at The Fillmore West. When they were playing their songs at that moment ,on the other side of the world Jim Morrisson of The Doors was drowning in his bathtub and 500 kms up North my Mum was giving Birth to me.

The songs they played won't be covered or re-recorded. Instead there will be 10 to 14 new songs written with the Grateful Dead ,The Doors and their legacy in mind.

I'll try to mingle a lot of musicstyles from the last 40 years into one coherent album. It'll be 4 decades of my life mixed with what happened in the world and in popular music.

My Bushcollectors' website will have a makeover with a Blog on it and progression videos.

Hope this doesn't sound too Spammy. Just wanted to share with you guys where I am now and what I'm doing.

If someone has a bright idea of what to call this project ,..shout it. I was thinking of something called : "Waking up the Dead".

Love Booshy

• Members

Well Just,...

I'm used to have musicians over in our house and studio three times a week anyways and usually we just record and produce random stuff. This time all we have to do is write real songs and be structured about it. Probability is that we might record 60 songs of which only 10 make the album.

How's your stuff going? Any new art made lately?

Booshy

• Members

Well Just,...

I'm used to have musicians over in our house and studio three times a week anyways and usually we just record and produce random stuff. This time all we have to do is write real songs and be structured about it. Probability is that we might record 60 songs of which only 10 make the album.

How's your stuff going? Any new art made lately?

Booshy

No I have terrible discipline getting things done, especially when results don't come about that I want. Probably will never release anything. Ever. :)

• Members

That was nice,.... A sng like this could easily end up on the album. I'm missing a few names in the clip btw,..

Brian Jones for example,.. he died exactly 2 years before I was born. Strange things happen on that date every time.

• Members

Thanks, Booshie!!! And thanks for taking the time to listen to it. They are a combination of all sorts of things, including analog synths, most of which were all sent through a speaker and then microphoned up, my voice multi-tracked many times to create these organic, ever-evolving textures, a bowed double-bass, and strings from my Kurzweil. And of course, obviously, Tibetan bowls and bells.

When it was released, the album won accolades "Best 50 Albums" or something like that and was also featured in another issue ofn Future Music Magazine (U.K.) in which they interviewed me largely about the process of recording it and how I achieved the textures. And I got a few rave reviews as well.

• Members

Booshy,

I think its a great idea. Recording albums is a daunting task, especially if you have a full time job, family and whatever else going on. My only advice is to handle it one step at a time. Literally break down the album into songs, then tracks... and keep track of everything you need to record for each song on a chart you keep in your studio or computer.

It also helps if you dedicate a specific time and day to working on only that project. I know this is what works for me, with the craziness of everything else going on, its vital to keep a structure and get things done in a timely fashion or else you lose momentum which I have done more times that I would like to admit.

@ Phait.... same advice I gave Boosh... approach your projects one song -> one track at a time. Its the only way you can do this anyway so... just enjoy the process and go for it.

@ Ken, you my friend are an onion with many layers. every time I think I`ve got you figured out you surprise me with another creative outlet. I`m listening to your record... just beautiful and takes me on a journey.

Archived