unexpected death in an automobile accident

Bookumdano2

• Members

Worst one I've ever seen was a TV anchor that was reporting on a mutli-vehicle pileup. He said something like, "Four people were killed; two seriously." Naturally I felt much worse for the two that were killed seriously than the two whose deaths were less serious. Had nightmares for a week.

• Members

I heard one this morning: The officer visibly saw the suspect run between two trailers...

I love when cop spokespeople try to sound smart. Good times.

Unless this was in Texas. A Texas Ranger can close his eyes and the spirit horse will come and show him where the suspect is hiding.

• Members

When I'm working with the software that powers the content side of the site, I often see "An unexpected error has occurred." Frankly, seeing errors is something I've come to expect
:)

It's just not good marketing to pop up with a dialogue box that says:

THE USUAL ERROR HAS OCCURRED

Much less:

THE SAME ERROR THAT KEEPS OCCURRING HAS OCCURRED AGAIN. I STILL WON'T TELL YOU WHAT IT IS OR WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT, BUT YOU CAN TAKE IT TO OUR SERVICE CENTER AND PAY LOTS OF MONEY AND BE INCONVENIENCED FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS.

Or:

WOW. AGAIN. THIS MUST REALLY BLOW.

Or:

THIS IS ABOUT TO BLUE SCREEN AGAIN. YOU DID BACK UP, DIDN'T YOU?

• Members

THIS IS THE SAME ERROR AGAIN. SUCKS TO BE YOU

Way too honest. :D

I remember a long time ago, back when I'd actually contact computer and software makers when errors arose, I called Apple (pre-Internet era) to tell them about an error I got on multiple occasions. The support tech asked the circumstances of the error, and I told him. I then started to tell him information on the error itself.

"It say that a system error has occurred, number 937002952375-"

"Okay, I have no idea what that means."

"What? It must mean something."

"Not necessarily."

That was the last time I bothered with that. :D

• Members

I like those commercials for legal firms that ask "Have you taken such and such drug(usually they originially came out with elaborate commercials themselves) and sufferred a long list of ailments like cancer, liver failure, etc., and of course - death? Then call this number on the screen now!"

I always like to add, yeah, especially if you died!, you guys call first!

• Members

Not usually, unless you cut someone's brake lines. Then it's totally expected in my experience.

In my experience, whenever my lines get cut, I just downshift, and when I'm going slowly enough, I cut the power. How come nobody in the movies ever does this but instead tries to steer a safe path, going faster and faster down the twisty mountain road?

Cutting brake lines has to be the sloppiest ever attempt to kill someone. It doesn't even work in the movies (admittedly, for truly stupid reasons).

The only time it ever made sense was when someone cut their own brake lines to cast suspicion elsewhere. And that was in a really silly show I happen to enjoy.

Archived