What happened to the forum?

mymindsok

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
nobody liked the format, legacy forums then brought back but too many had left by then.

I still like it here and have no desire to be with another forum though.

Oh!!!

So thats what happened to the reviews I wrote! :facepalm:

Oh well!

• Members

So I've been about 3 years I guess. It has not been really the same place really since they rolled out the HC 2.0 disaster. That divided the community big time - but really divisions (more political) were happening before that. Now that I've been playing and buying, and selling, and buying, and selling for over three years - I tend to have less questions. For the most part I hang out in Gassers and Gearheads. People often want to pick a fight outside the thread, so I tend to stay within the GnG thread.

But welcome back. Post more, maybe we change changes things for the better.

• Members

Forum needs an Epic Threads Sticky and a Cracker Barrel Sticky so old-timers can reminisce and be cranky. Now go Photoshop some Eddie Van Halen, get your Les paul out of my pond, and get off my innernet.

/thread

• Members
I've been pretty much out of touch with HGC for a couple of years, while I persued some other interests.

Uh-huh...and you just expected everyone to wait around for you?

people come and go...we have a good group here, and even though it's constantly changing it's still a good group...

...sorry we don't meet your requirements...enjoy TGP...

:wave:

• Members

Im still here. I just dont have as much time as I used to to post and hang out any more. Doing about 5 shows a week now and I uaually have to post from my phone when Im not home, so it is more of just the hassle of that for me than it has to do with anything else. Ill always be around, but for now, it will be two ir three posts a month as opposed to the 15 or so a day I uaed to post. I have noticed, however, that the place never really recovered from the whole format change fiasco. I notice alit of oeoe that left because of that simply never came back.

• Members

Well, its good to see that youre still around and playing! I have noted that CSM abd a few other old timers are still here. I dropped in a couple of times during the format change and it did indeed send me back into the woods! What a mess!

Maybe you'll know... What happend to JJ Pistols? Last I heard, he was having a hard time. Is he ok? I also got an Email when Leopardstar took the Spirit Path. Good guy. May he rock hard and rock in peace!

OMG JJ!! Man-o-man, I'm glad to see that youre still in this world. I'll be keeping my eye open for your posts and I sincerely hope that everythings going well for you. My Significant Other has an ex who lives in Austin and does recording for Willie Nelson. Names John Greer in case you run into him. Hes been in the music business for a long time.

I'm doing OK. Stressed out but OK. The SO and I had to rescue her 3 yo Grandson when the parents failed thier life lessons, so we spent almost a year fighting to getthe kid back and have been parenting for the last nine months. The kids really a very cool person to have around. Very spiritual and very very psychic but at 4 yo now, hes a handfull. It looks like we'll have him permanently, so I'm looking for a job and looking at going to a HS graduation, leaning on a cane! What a world!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, Heres a shot of the bike I built after dissapearing but it feels really good these days to have my guitars in my hands again and I'm practicing my progressions.

FEB82010049-1.jpg

• Members

Well, its good to see that youre still around and playing! I have noted that CSM abd a few other old timers are still here. I dropped in a couple of times during the format change and it did indeed send me back into the woods! What a mess!

Maybe you'll know... What happend to JJ Pistols? Last I heard, he was having a hard time. Is he ok? I also got an Email when Leopardstar took the Spirit Path. Good guy. May he rock hard and rock in peace!

OMG JJ!! Man-o-man, I'm glad to see that
youre
still in this world. I'll be keeping my eye open for your posts and I sincerely hope that everythings going well for you. My Significant Other has an ex who lives in Austin and does recording for Willie Nelson. Names John Greer in case you run into him. Hes been in the music business for a long time.

I'm doing OK. Stressed out but OK. The SO and I had to rescue her 3 yo Grandson when the parents failed thier life lessons, so we spent almost a year fighting to getthe kid back and have been parenting for the last nine months. The kids really a very cool person to have around. Very spiritual and very very psychic but at 4 yo now, hes a handfull. It looks like we'll have him permanently, so I'm looking
for
a job and looking
at
going to a HS graduation, leaning on a cane! What a world!!
:rolleyes:

Anyway, Heres a shot of the bike I built after dissapearing but it feels really good these days to have my guitars in my hands again and I'm practicing my progressions.

FEB82010049-1.jpg

I like the more vintage BMWs like yours.

My very first motorcycle was a '67 R27

R27in2004.jpg

After that bike dropped a valve which the piston ate,

I got a new '77 X650 that looked just like this one.

1977_Yamaha_XS_650256155348_large.jpg

I loved that bike and damned killed myself on it about 3 times or so. Turns out that bikes are particularly dangerous for 20-year-olds. :D

Then I picked up one of these used (not mine,but it's similar)

10111774_20084252150151.JPG

After I got tired of constant repairs on the XS1100 (good bike, just old)

I finally bought a new one again (first new bike since 1978)

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

DSC01869-1.jpg

I like the low-end torque of the Harley. And its lumbering handling helps keep me from being too tempted to push it through the turns.

Then I also picked up a '09 883 Low for the wife, but that's not working out. I'll either keep it for a rat bike (put some shorties on it and stage 2 air intake) or put it up for sale. Part of me wants to hang onto it too, because its handling reminds me of my old Yammy 650

DSC02107.jpg

• Members

I had to stop for a while. No job makes for no GAS allowed and this is a place that is all about gear. Been coming back once in a while for a peek, but mostly trying to focus on making a few bucks doing contract work.
I do miss the place and will make an effort to come in and argue a bit more often :thu:

• Members

No kidding!

Luckily, I bought really quality gear when I was rich or I'd be up {censored}s creek now. Fact is, if I never bought another guitar, I'd still have more stuff 99% of the rest of the guys out there.

OTOH, a few visites to this stink hole and I'm already scheming on what I can sell to buy a new axe. Lets see... I can sell one of my Squier 51's and the MIM Strat and that might get me enough $$$ to get me a decent Tele Deluxe or a cheap LP Jr. Meanwhile, we have bills to pay, a truck to register, etc, etc, etc. I better be careful, cause it's hard to live on the street and still maintain a 4yo, a vintage bike and a guitar collection. :facepalm:

Oh... And one of the many things that I remember about living in NJ is all of the strip clubs. Damn! Sometimes it seemed like there wa one or two in every neighborhood. In the end I dated a stripper for a few months and that cured me of any of my "stripper as housewife" fantasies! :D

Archived