What happened to the forum?

mymindsok

• Members

Back in the 90s this place was completely different. Then a major software AND ownership change (when MF bought HC?) and suddenly tons more people but also a completely different atmosphere. Eh, things change. Can't expect a website to stay static for 15 years I guess - even 3 years without a change is unheard of on the web now.

Heck, I'm still waiting for Mr Friendly's next ECJ.

Btw GAS Man - you stole my handle!! Well, at least for my HC Chatroom screen name circa 1998. Not sure why everyone abbreviated it to "gasm" though! Hahaha

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Btw GAS Man - you stole my handle!! Well, at least for my HC Chatroom screen name circa 1998. Not sure why everyone abbreviated it to "gasm" though! Hahaha

I'd be happy to sell it back to you for a very nominal fee. :D

It's been an EXTREMELY expensive handle for me to maintain. :(

Actually, I may just resign it soon :eek:

This is what it has caused:

And that doesn't even include accessories, effects or the ones I've sold off. :eek:

• Members

Hmm - living up to your screen name. You do realize that this is the Internet, and no one really has more than 1 guitar, right? Some of us don't even play guitar, but hang out places like here and the Porsche forum, and the Yacht forums just to look cool. Ok, so the yacht forum probably isn't the coolest place...

And screen names? Kinda the unwritten rule that it's a polar opposite to your actual self. "ladiesman2000" is a 15 year old virgin. "EClapton" can't play a blues riff. And "JHLittleWing69" is actually God. (he just thinks he's Hendrix)

:D

• Members

Hmm - living up to your screen name. You do realize that this is the Internet, and no one really has more than 1 guitar, right? Some of us don't even play guitar, but hang out places like here and the Porsche forum, and the Yacht forums just to look cool. Ok, so the yacht forum probably isn't the coolest place...

And screen names? Kinda the unwritten rule that it's a polar opposite to your actual self. "ladiesman2000" is a 15 year old virgin. "EClapton" can't play a blues riff. And "JHLittleWing69" is actually God. (he just thinks he's Hendrix)

:D

I once took a break from this place for nearly 6 months. Upon coming back I heard of these "Gibson '50s Tribute Les Paul Studio Goldtops". By the time I got back, it was too late to snag one. There were still offers out there, but none were getting filled by that time. I ended up with a black one instead.

It made me afraid to leave here for that long again. At least, that's what I tell the doctor.

With that, I'm going to delete the above post. It never feels good leaving it up. :eek:

• Members

Tell me about it! Nice list though.

I searched for YEARS looking for a budget '62 Tele custom RI in double bound black. Leave here for a few months, completely miss SX had one for $109! Found a used one for $250 and jumped on it - only later to learn about the new ones available. Doh!

Archived