Bringing Back the Deusenberg Dilemma!

burton4snow

• Members

Okay I tried the GFS Dream180s pickups in my $2500 (what the hell they were cheap) and they didn't cut the mustard. I know I was warned! Go ahead and bust my balls. But I have seen the light and realize I need some high end pickups in this thing! So along with bustin' my balls give me some good suggestions!

Deusenberg Starplayer Outlaw

-Semi hollow body

-Arched Spruce Top and Maple Back

-American Hard Rock Maple Necks

-Indian Rosewood Fingerboard

*Blues Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock

• Members

Okay I tried the GFS Dream180s pickups in my $2500 (what the hell they were cheap) and they didn't cut the mustard. I know I was warned! Go ahead and bust my balls. But I have seen the light and realize I need some high end pickups in this thing! So along with bustin' my balls give me some good suggestions!

Deusenberg Starplayer Outlaw

-Semi hollow body

-Arched Spruce Top and Maple Back

-American Hard Rock Maple Necks

-Indian Rosewood Fingerboard

*Blues Rock, Classic Rock, Hard Rock

I don't know, I mean we're talking a $2,500 guitar. I mean, it sounds like you need $2,500 pickups in it to make it work :idk:

• Members

Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates...sweetness, articulation, PAF sound...

This is the conclusion I came to but I am not sure if it will fit. The humbucker housing comes far out from the ring so I you would have to get a thicker ring and these rings might be propietory to this guitar. I would be great if someone could tell me if this could be done because I would love to have the zebra on that guitar it would look sweet. I guess you could put a cover over them but I don't know how that will effect the sound. I'm going to ask the guy who works on my guitar what my possibilities are tomorrow hopeful it will work.

• Members

Its interesting their are alot of Seymour Duncan suggestions. Wheres the Lollar, WCR, Fralin etc suggestions. Are these too overpriced and not worth it?

Seymour Duncan is a safe, easy suggestion...their tone map is easy to describe, they're readily available, and they're relatively inexpensive...

...in all honesty, I would be hesitant to recomend a boutique to you, mainly due to your inability to quantify EXACTLY the tone you're seeking...and also why you're unhappy with the tones you're getting now...

PLUS...recomending SD is a good way to avoid the boutique fanboy flamewar that inevitably comes from discussions like this...

• Members

Yeah, Duncans sound great and are actually pretty affordable. Boutique pickups might be really good, too, but I've never wanted to spend that much money just to try a set out. I figure that spending more than you would on a Duncan or Dimarzio set could possibly yield better tone, but diminishing returns will would set in very quickly.

Archived