The new Warmoth on-line "custom builder" is way cool!

caveman

• Members

I have no problem with warmoth, very professional with lots of options except... They don't roll fingerboard edges? I think that is crazy. I did my own when I got my neck from them but it doesn't compare with the edges of my MIA strats. I really think with all of their options this is a shortcoming.

• Members

heres mine based on my actual build Im doing right now. $512.29 for the body, $287 for the neck

warmoth1.png so far ive spent:

$100-body (MIM classic players 60s)

$22.92-control plate

$12.99-bridge plate

$11.89-neck plate

$8-pickguard screws

$17.99-Knobs

total=$173.79

still need to purchase:

$200-neck

$50-tuners

$50-pickup

$20-pickguard

$10-pots

$10-electrosocket

$5-cloth hookup wire

$5-bridge screws (4)

total= $350

So about $800 for Warmoth guitar

and about $525 for mine

Thats actually not that bad....

• Members

my neck and body came to a total of 1300. they don't even build them for you, you gotta assemble this {censored} yourself too right? hardly worth it imo

Don't let the numbers get in the way of you having a good guitar.

Warmoth is top quality and you can design and build a guitar just the way you want it with their help. They are easy to put together - you can do it yourself and maybe hire a luthier for the final setup.

Ultimately I think you would find what you would end up with would have tremendous value to you in the end.

I put a tele together with wood form Warmoth a bit more than a year ago. My other guitars are just beginning to come out of their cases now. I did the finish, assembly and setup myself and the whole thing came to about $800. It was just standard tele wood - ash, maple and rosewood.

• Members

I know me too!...USACG has one that lets you do it but its way more low tech than Warmoths, which is really cool IMO. If nothing more than for {censored}s and giggles/or ideas.

I was a little disappointed that when i was done with all my options i didn't get to see a mock-up of it.
:cry:

• Members

So, do they actually put the guitar together and set it up also? If not is there someone out there that does this for less than thousands?

No they sell you the parts. I put my strat together then had the frets dressed, new nut , fret board edges rolled and setup for $150.

Archived