Ugly Headstocks

danswon

• Members

My fave Fender line: the Strat is the prom queen of the family and the Tele is it's slutty sister. We all need a good slut now and again.

Agreed!

Buddy, by your last few posts on different threads, I'm starting to think there's something on your mind!!!!!!!

:lol:

:thu:

humping.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You can pay top dollar for a hideous headstock!

2h4zvx3.jpg

i don't even get why companies that manufacture strat-a-likes from cheap to boutique attempt some vaguely stratty headstock. it will always look like a shit version of a fender headstock. just come up with something else that suits the strat body style. even a 3-a-side would like good

Amen, brother. An aesthetic blunder on an otherwise beautiful guitar, even if not to my taste.

Suhr_headstock_bb_s.jpg

• Members

It's not so much ugly, as it is huge and awkward-late 60s Galanti Gran Prix.

Galantiheadstock.jpg
The rest of it is way cool though!

GalantiGranprix1.jpg
Honorable mention, though personally I like it, Teico/silvertone 4 + 2:

Silvertone14372x4.jpg

I absolutely love everything about that last guitar.

On a cheap guitar i can forgive it somewhat. But ugly headstocks on those boutique strat copies selling for thousands of dollars? unforgivable

• Members

Prdt_SETransRed.jpg
Game over I am afraid.
;)
Damn -etawful beat me to the button!

There's lots of wrong with this picture.

Unbelievably bad headstock. Seemingly random take on a strat pickguard which just doesn't work. And what is the point of angling those pickups so slightly?

Plus it's got a light red finish on a flame maple top. I hate everything about this. I'm guessing it retails above a grand

• Members

Not that i consider myself particularly cool, but i wouldn't play one of those Taylor guitars onstage even if someone gave me one for free

I seem to remember a company selling a guitar that had a "thumbs up" headstock a few years back. Anyone have an idea which one i'm talking about? I think they had ads in Guitar World about 10 years ago

• Members

Haha, yeah, what crazy timing. They were made by a company called Lindert and all the bodies had tweed and tolex on them to make them look like vintage amps/radios. There was one at a local store that the shop owner had dubbed "The Shit and Piss Guitar". It played really well, surprisingly, My buddy was gonna buy it but the shop had closed down by the time he got the money together.

• Members

Amen, brother. An aesthetic blunder on an otherwise beautiful guitar, even if not to my taste.

Suhr_headstock_bb_s.jpg

This particular shape is often seen on high end guitars and many say they dislike it. Personally, I can't find anything ugly in it. I like it a lot, actually. My lag Louisiane has that shape as well.

lag02.jpg

lag.jpg