Players who we all think are unable to suck

Ratae Corieltauvorum

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll throw in Charlie Christian, Wes Montgomery and George Benson for {censored}s and giggles.

Yes, George Benson is a monster and is one of the few who can be compared to Christian and Montgomery and we can throw in some Stevie Wonder for even more {censored}s and giggles.

GB plays with such obvious confidence as he does stuff I can only dream of. I've always wondered if he sings along with what he plays on guitar or if he plays along with what he is singing.

• Members

Jimmy Page. His slop is just honesty.

His slop is part of the Zeppelin mythology. No one was looking for precision at that time...just LOUD blues shredding.

In the studio he was, and probably still is, one of the masters of appropriate session playing and not a hint of slop.

anyway Tommy Emmanuel as the epitome of a master of a craft, humble, entertaining and vastly skilled.

• Members

So what's your deal with Mad Mikey?

Well his on the wagon off the wagon rollercoaster ride has resulted in at least one infamous YouTube appearance where after going on a bender he took the stage and sounded like an unashamed beginner. Don't get me wrong, I love Michael's playing (and Rudy's too).

Archived