So I Just Got Done Listening To Chickenfoot III ......

larry50

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"chickenfoot" is quite possibly the stupidest band name ever. i just wanna know what publicist said "I LOVE IT" so i can track his dumb ass down and kick him in the balls.

they should have a deep and meaningful name, like the Beatles.

• Members

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like it. When their first CD came out, a soundman at a club put it on while we were setting up. The first few tracks were the ones getting airplay, and I didn't really care for them. As the CD kept playing, I thought it got better. I like hearing Satriani and Smith in a setting like this. After putting up with the VH brothers for so long, don't Sammy and Michael deserve to have some fun?

Nothing too deep or earth-shattering, just good meat and potatoes rock.

• Members
:thu: I like about half the songs on the new CD, about the same as the last. There's a couple of misses, that's for sure. If you don't like Sammy Hagar or Satriani, you aren't going to dig it...but then the internet was clearly made for snarky "god, that sucks" commentary (and p0rn.)

• Members

"chickenfoot" is quite possibly the stupidest band name ever. i just wanna know what publicist said "I LOVE IT" so i can track his dumb ass down and kick him in the balls.

We can be sure that the Sammy came up with that name and pushed it from the get go.

So much potential with that band, but Hagar is so unbelievably bad/cheesy that it makes it unlistenable, like fingernails on a chalkboard.

• Members

We can be sure that the Sammy came up with that name and pushed it from the get go.

So much potential with that band, but Hagar is so unbelievably bad/cheesy that it makes it unlistenable, like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Bon Jovi is bad/cheesy. Hagar is party perfect. Besides, he is a great guitar player and vocalist.

• Members

picked it up yesterday....I like it...nothing blockbuster, but good solid stuff...It IS kind of tantilizing to know what they COULD do if they weren't satisfied with ONLY straight ahead basic rock that's a tad repetitive...ie - advanced progressions, harmonized leads, multi layered guitars...take that big bad kick ass attitude they already have and combine it with some off the charts virtuosity....oh, and have Sammy COWRITE with someone to do a tune or three with more sophisticated lyrics....but it rocks, just like the first one...I saw them in concert first time around and it was a blast of a good time.

Archived