Two years GULAG for Russian girl band Pussy Riot

A. Einstein

• Members

It's the gay female version of speaking with a lisp. It isn't necessary, but it does give them a sense of rebellion, being "who they are" and a way to help signal to each other who's who. Are such "obvious" gays the majority of either gender? I don't know. But since they are ones we notice, it makes sense we'd think they are.

absolutely agree!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I say that because you're right on some level, most gay chicks at least around here have that "dressed down sort of look at me, I'm an urban hipster, I'm so tough and live in the hip part of town." thing going. They seem to wear ugly like its a badge of honor. And while I don't mind the gay part, I do mind pretentious assholes. I don't feel like I'm alone there. Sure there are some normal looking gay women around here, but unfortunately seems like the minority. I don't know if its some strange societal pressure we put on them, that they feel need to prove their gayness to world by purposely dressing ugly. Either way they appear unattractive physically, and personally. Like I said, its pretentious seems like poser stuff.

I am shocked- shocked- to hear that many gay women in your area are not dressing in a manner calculated to most appeal to straight guys like you. WHAT IS THIS CRAZY WORLD!?

• Members

I am shocked-
shocked
- to hear that many gay women in your area are not dressing in a manner calculated to most appeal to straight guys like you. WHAT IS THIS CRAZY WORLD!?

the problem is they're not dressing to appeal to anyone. dirty and stinky is dirty and stinky

But the issue is not necessarily about appearance, but more about the pretentious hipster bull{censored} that goes with it. Not unlike the you're not punk enough crowd.

• Members

Hey, off the topic.. did Einstein get banned again? That's about the 800th time this year isn't it?

Yes, but not to worry. He's back already with a hilarious new moniker that he registered 8 months ago and held in reserve for his next ban.

• Moderators

If I was a female I would be a Lesbian !!

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've heard (or read) a guy say that.

No, you probably would not. You would probably find a handsome man, settle down, have some kids, lose him to a younger woman, and die lonely - just by the odds of it.

What you really mean is that if you suddenly had a female body but were still YOU inside, then you'd be attracted to women as you are now.

The answer to that is NO, also. If you suddenly had a female body, you would spend hours looking in the mirror and fondling your own breasts.

Glad I could clear that up for you. ;)

Terry D.

• Members

Sometimes I wonder how a woman can be attracted to another woman who intentionally looks terrible (e.g. butch haircut, huge baggy shorts, no makeup, ratty triple layered shirts hiding breasts with huge belly hanging out, etc). Specifically I wonder whether it's that women aren't so shallow as to focus on looks as we men are, or whether that sort of look is attractive to them. Because the women who do that sort of look like men (sometimes convincingly, even) and the thing about lesbians is that they're not attracted to men.
:confused:

I've asked my bi-sexual wife about this before. Her answer is that just because some women aren't attracted to MEN, doesn't mean they aren't attracted to MASCULENITY. They want a lot of the attributes that our society has deemed makes a 'good man', they just don't want a lot of the bull{censored} that comes along with actual "men". Same reason, I suppose, that some gay men dress like women and other gay men are attracted to that. And, of course, many gay men are "butch".

I think the easy answer here is that there isn't an easy answer. Human sexuality is complicated.

Beyond that, I think a lot of the trappings of gay/lesbian appearance/attire are just fashion but a sort of fashion we haven't been trained to find attractive. When you look back over the last 30-40 years of female fashion that you've thought was really, really hot only to find to be ridiculous a few years later, it isn't really such a stretch to understand that a lesbian who finds another women who intentionally looks "terrible" to you and me has been taught by her culture that that "terrible" look is pretty hot.

• Members

I've asked my bi-sexual wife about this before. Her answer is that just because some women aren't attracted to MEN, doesn't mean they aren't attracted to MASCULENITY. They want a lot of the attributes that our society has deemed makes a 'good man', they just don't want a lot of the bull{censored} that comes along with actual "men". Same reason, I suppose, that some gay men dress like women and other gay men are attracted to that. And, of course, many gay men are "butch".

I think the easy answer here is that there isn't an easy answer. Human sexuality is complicated.

Beyond that, I think a lot of the trappings of gay/lesbian appearance/attire are just fashion but a sort of fashion we haven't been trained to find attractive. When you look back over the last 30-40 years of female fashion that you've thought was really, really hot only to find to be ridiculous a few years later, it isn't really such a stretch to understand that a lesbian who finds another women who intentionally looks "terrible" to you and me has been taught by
her
culture that that "terrible" look is pretty hot.

Maybe I'm too vain.

I guess I'm saying if I was a dyke who liked the boyish look, I would go for a handsome looking woman as opposed to a woman who looked like a homeless guy with a beergut. Just sayin.

Though I'm curious knobs, why haven't you called her out? I mean I call out all my peeps and they do the same for me. Why not keep it real? If she truly is butch and tuff then she should have the thick skin to go with it. Otherwise she's just another poser.

• Members

I don't think what they did was particularly 'wise'

There's nothing wrong with doing a TISM impersonation.

They happen to be one of my all time favourite (Australian) bands.

[video=youtube;1-mLIdLZZeI]

[video=youtube;grEBLskpDWQ]

• Moderators

I've asked my bi-sexual wife about this before. Her answer is that just because some women aren't attracted to MEN, doesn't mean they aren't attracted to MASCULENITY. They want a lot of the attributes that our society has deemed makes a 'good man', they just don't want a lot of the bull{censored} that comes along with actual "men". .

So you're saying they like our software but not our hardware? Or is it the other 'way round? :confused:

Terry D.

• Moderators

Though I'm curious knobs, why haven't you called her out? I mean I call out all my peeps and they do the same for me. Why not keep it real? If she truly is butch and tuff then she should have the thick skin to go with it. Otherwise she's just another poser.

I'd have to be very diplomatic to find some way to basically say, "How do you manage to look like you do and still get girls?" :idk:

Terry D.

• Members

For those of you who were so moved by the look of one the {censored} Riot girls (who are not the lesbian, btw).

Maybe not full time. But I have little doubt our friend in the pic above has munched a bit.

Here are the real Russian girls competing for Miss Russian Hi-Tech:

http://hi-tech.mail.ru/miss_hitech_2012/photo/

Forgive me, Craig, they moved from one almost forbidden topic to another one.

Thank you. I love Russian girls. :thu:

• Members

Sometimes I wonder how a woman can be attracted to another woman who intentionally looks terrible (e.g. butch haircut, huge baggy shorts, no makeup, ratty triple layered shirts hiding breasts with huge belly hanging out, etc). Specifically I wonder whether it's that women aren't so shallow as to focus on looks as we men are, or whether that sort of look is attractive to them. Because the women who do that sort of look like men (sometimes convincingly, even) and the thing about lesbians is that they're not attracted to men.
:confused:

I kind of want to ask my singer that, since she resembles the above description, but somehow I think she might find it offensive.
:o

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I've heard (or read) a guy say that.

No, you probably would not. You would probably find a handsome man, settle down, have some kids, lose him to a younger woman, and die lonely - just by the odds of it.

What you really mean is that if you suddenly had a female body but were still YOU inside, then you'd be attracted to women as you are now.

The answer to that is NO, also. If you suddenly had a female body, you would spend hours looking in the mirror and fondling your own breasts.

Glad I could clear that up for you.
;)

Terry D.

Damn !! Ruined my day !!! :)

• Members

A song about {censored} Rio, "Not the Only Song," from Jono Manson (Blues Traveler) & Brian Hardgroove (Public Enemy, and my partner in crime when we did EV2). It's pretty cool, written from the standpoint of their children instead of being your usual "protest song."

[video=youtube;ypBCyblK--o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypBCyblK--o

Archived