Your most overlooked / underrated guitar...

photon9

• Members

Which guitar do you have that, for whatever reason, you don't pick up that often, but when you do are blown away?

Here's mine

2004MIATele.jpg

'02 MIA Tele Std.

It's gotten overshadowed lately by my other guitars, and I'm a little annoyed that I can't adjust the relief because the truss rod nut is stripped (from the previous owner), although the relief is just fine. I played it straight into my Bugera V22 with just a touch of gain, and damn if this thing doesn't play and sound amazing.

This one always makes me wonder why I don't pick it up more often.

What is your most overlooked / underrated guitar in your collection?

• Members

Underrated then blown away when I pick it up? I don't have that many guitars... :)

My least loved good electric (I don't count the parts-tele) is my Gibson LP and yet I do love it when I have my cyclic "LP phases". It is a good LP and I wouldn't sell it unless I'm in dire need of money to stop my kids from starving.

• Members

that would be my Vester Maniac, the neck is perfect for my hands, and it's active p/ups sound awesome with a lot of gain. Made in Korea and amazing quality. I guess i'm just not a super strat person these days, my CV Tele and Edwards LP get the most love. But i played it just before and it is nice every time i play it.

_MG_5016.jpg

_MG_5019.jpg

_MG_5018.jpg

_MG_5017.jpg

• Members

POS parts build not build by me: unknown lightweight body, Mighty Mite neck, Lace Sensor picups. The parts doesn't go together very well, but it sounds surprisingly fine, have a killer neck and is light weight which is always nice if you're going to stand with it for hours. It's such a mongrel that I tend to overlook it in favour of my fancier instruments, but as an instrument it more than hold its own

009-11.jpg

• Members

Check this out (http://maldenguitars.com/storeSubhuman.htm).

Click out the YouTube link and forward to 4:45.

Now tell me something... does your USA-made Strat sounds anything like this?

If it doesn't, you have been robbed.

The above guitar is currently selling at $245.00.

Helloooooo! The pickups alone are probably worth $150.00.

Just my 2c.

FULL DISCLOSURE:

I am a Malden admirer and endorse, hence my opinion is very biased.

But, for a good reason.

• Members

Stellar LP Copy.More SG-ish sounding(even w/"good" p/ups) than a LP.

Still a "handsome" piece,tho,& very practical/gig-able(good/light wt).

It's having "technical difficulties" ATM(switch),but it was so cheap(got in a trade) I couldn't say no.Plays pretty damned well,kinda feels inexpensive,but certainly not "cheap"...

100_1003.jpg

100_1388.jpg

• Members

Check this out (
http://maldenguitars.com/storeSubhuman.htm
).

Click out the YouTube link and forward to 4:45.

Now tell me something... does your USA-made Strat sounds anything like this?

If it doesn't, you have been robbed.

The above guitar is currently selling at $245.00.

Helloooooo! The pickups alone are probably worth $150.00.

Just my 2c.

FULL DISCLOSURE:

I am a Malden admirer and endorse, hence my opinion is very biased.

But, for a good reason.

LOL @ comparing an HH guitar's sound to a SSS's!

BTW my MIA Strat sounds (and definitely looks) a lot better. :p

• Members

You have your locking nut clamps on wrong. That is actually a very sweet guitar. Wouldn't mind finding one of those for myself!
:)

they are flat bottomed so they can go on either way, i google pics of locking nuts and it seems some have them one way and some have them the other. You had me worried though :D

• Members

My 2011 Epiphone Les Paul Plaintop. Very well made and plays great. I have a set of Burstbucker pickups I took out of my R8 that are going to find their way to be installed in this one. I will also be replacing the wiring harness with an RS Guitarworks. It's a keeper, never to be sold.

DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0900.jpg

• Members

Holy crap!

Where can I get one of these?

I currently on the hunt for a 24 fret superstrat with double locking trem and hss.

Haven't found anything that feels good to me yet.

you can't get them anymore. This was made in about 97 i think, but Fender took them to court and won. Apparently they were too Fenderish, they made some real Fender ripoffs. But they also did quite a lot of super strat models like mine. I think they ranged from cheap entry level stuff to medium level price points. Mine was one of the more expensive ones they made.

Archived