A Stupid thing I'd like to have - a piece of Orianthi! Yeah!

GAS Man

• Members

I like the sparkly top (even though that's a bit cheesy) but the other main draw is a Korina body.

I'd like to check one out. And I only say "Stupid" cuz it wouldn't make sense for me, I've got too many SEs kicking around already. But I was looking at the new pieces in at Sweetwater gallery and thought I'd share the pics.

L11006-detail1-l.jpg

L11006-body-l.jpg

L11006-front-l.jpg

L11006-detail4-l.jpg

L11006-detail5-l.jpg

L11006-detail6-l.jpg

L11006-detail8-l.jpg

These are nice bags too. Good protection and compartments.

L11006-case-l.jpg

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/custom/sL11006/

The SE Orianthi has much more than just a cool-sounding name. Orianthi is the name of the breakout female guitarist who's been receiving praise from today's top guitarists for her all-around level of mastery. Michael Jackson chose none other than Orianthi to play on his "This Is It" tour. And Carlos Santana has remarked, "If I was going to pass the baton to somebody, she would be my first choice." Steve Vai and ZZ Top have also sung her praises. So it makes sense that Orianthi, a devoted PRS player since 1997 (ever since she saw Santana play in concert on his PRS), has worked together with PRS to create her signature model. A true player's guitar through and through, the SE Orianthi is an instrument you'll be proud to get in your hands.

Let's take a look at that top: Red Sparkle, for catching eyes onstage. Then, your eyes will likely be drawn to those famous bird inlays

• Members

I think that posting this to some degree helped cure my GAS. Even though I liked the looks and specs, it seems like from Chatree's demos that the guitar mostly shines with higher gain. That's pretty common with SEs. Cleans seemed to be a little thin, but then again I have no clue what amp that was. But with me being a clean to Classic OD kinda guy, I probably couldn't get the best out of it. :(

• Members

I'd actually be interested in that sig. I like the finish (would look awesome in stage lights), and I like the 12th fret inlay.

Yeah, I was thinking you'd sure zero in on the 12th fret location in a millisecond. ;)

Nice looking guitar. :thu:

I just do wonder if they wound the p'ups for her specs as they did for some of the other Sig SEs, or if they are the generic SE p'ups.

I like the SE Santana I got, and the Paul Allender SE I bought three years back for my son was also a cut above, but the 3 other SEs I bought for myself 3 years ago really needed gain to cover over the missing ingredients.

Archived