Something New - Something SE - Something PRS GAS inducing- PRS SE Hollowbody LTD

GAS Man

• Members

At $855 they're certainly not giving it away, but I like the features (except SE p'ups - generally - but sometimes they're good)

L16235-front-l.jpg

L16235-body-l.jpg

L16235-detail1-l.jpg

L16235-detail2-l.jpg

L16235-detail3-l.jpg

L16278-detail4-l.jpg

L16235-detail7-l.jpg

L16235-case-l.jpg

Prefer Silver?

L16278-body-l.jpg

L16278-front-l.jpg

From Sweetwater:

"A real looker

The PRS SE Hollowbody Ltd is a real looker! Let's take a look at the top: Silver Sparkle, for catching eyes onstage. Then, your eyes will likely be drawn to those famous PRS bird inlays that adorn the ebony fretboard. The bound headstock gives a classy touch to this already unique guitar. And one other cool appointment not found on any SE model - a Bigsby tailpiece.

Vintage modern vibe

Bringing a new spin to the PRS SE line the SE Hollowbody Ltd combines the vibe of the old world with the modern touches of today. For starters, the Bigsby tremolo gives a cool, smooth old school feel while the locking tuners ensure tuning stability not possible decades ago. The chambered, semi-hollowbody body offers warm tones not found in solidbody guitars while the SE Hollowbody Ltd pickups dish out killer tones from clean to scream.

PRS quality

All Paul Reed Smith guitars are designed for top-notch performance, right out of the case and the SE Hollowbody Ltd is no exception. Constructed from top-notch tonewoods and components, PRS instruments carry on a commitment to quality that's been the brand's hallmark since 1985, when Paul Reed Smith himself started hand-building guitars for some of the most elite players in the world.

Paul Reed Smith SE Hollowbody Ltd Guitar Features:

Semi-hollow, chambered mahogany body

Single soundhole

Mahogany neck with wide-fat carve

Bound ebony fretboard with 22 frets

PRS-design bird inlays

25" scale length

Original Bigsby tremolo

Phase II locking tuners

Bound headstock

The Paul Reed Smith SE Hollowbody Ltd is an affordable, eye-popping instrument!

Specification Detail

Body Material Mahogany

Body Finish Urethane

Color Red Sparkle

Neck Material Mahogany

Scale Length 25"

Fingerboard Material Ebony

Fingerboard Inlay PRS Birds

Number of Frets 22

Nut Width 1.68"

Bridge/Tailpiece Bigsby Tailpiece

Tuners Phase II Locking Tuners

Number of Pickups 2

Neck Pickup Humbucker

Middle Pickup No Middle Pickup

Bridge Pickup Humbucker

Controls 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone, 3-way Switch

Case Included Gig Bag"

• Members

do not want. The sparkly finish kinda works against the vintage vibe they are giving off. I see sparkly and i think Hannah Montana Daisy guitars or the Orianthi model. It's almost like it's trying to be a modern and vintage guitar all in one.

• Members

I'm generally not a prs fanboi as I find they tend toward the poseur. That said, of their lineup I like the hollowbody II the best - that's the one with a piezo bridge - but at $3400+ they are silly expensive. This SE model could have been a nice alternative, but the slab body just doesn't do it for me. At $855 there are lots of nicer designed and made guitars by dozens of vendors.

Archived