Dec Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Be sure you have installed the latest firmware from Alesis

Yes - that VideoTrack has fixed audio record levels that seem to be designed for recording a LOUD rock band, so I'm not surprised that you find the audio levels low when recording more than 2 feet away.

• Members

I bought one of the Videotracks for 29 bucks. I just got it today and tried to update the firmware and it did not work. I got an "Incorrrect FW" error message despite following the instructions precisely and to the letter. I did a quick google search and it turns out quite a few people have reported this problem and there doesn't seem to be a solution.

I did try to record some audio and even with the mic gain set at high, it came out very low. Hopefully I can find a way to upgrade the firmware. I did email Alesis but haven't heard back from them.

• Members

Be sure you have installed the latest firmware from Alesis

Yes - that VideoTrack has fixed audio record levels that seem to be designed for recording a LOUD rock band, so I'm not surprised that you find the audio levels low when recording more than 2 feet away.

I think you are right,firmware is for zoom,Oh well it was cheap.

• Members

Well, when I checked the cab out the price was on the front page so I got this response:

Message from Jennifer Rose at Music123:

Dear Musician,

Thank you for your resent inquiry.

We are unable to beat the price on Amazon.com as the sell is not an authorized dealer of the Blackheart BH112. If you can find a lower advertised price with an authorized dealer we would be happy to consider beating that price.

We appreciate you choosing Music 123. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with the service you have received from us today. We appreciate your feedback.

Happy Holidays,

Jennifer R.

• Members

I emailed Music123 for a pricematch on the BH112. They sent me $159. Emailed again the sent me $98 which was the amazon price at the time. I called and the rep said "My manager won't let me beat it because it is not advertised, as it must be placed in the cart to get the low price. But I'll match it." I literally said, albeit politely "Well I respectfully call BS on that. You're already matching it and in doing so you are acknowledging it is a legit deal; so just go ahead and give me the 6 clams off." I sort of implied he was being a cheapskate (which of course I was). He made a second run at his manager and said "Ok just this once." and I got it for $92. The $6 was hardly worth the hassle, but it's the principal of it. That and the fact that being stubbornly cheap, helps hold my GAS at bay. Well somewhat anyway :rolleyes:

Glad some folks here got them. Pretty decent deal. Price back up to $157 now.

• Members

OK so who else bought one of those blowout Alesis VideoTrack recorders?

Man,The video is pretty good really but the sound,You almost have to be 2 feet from the mics before you can hear anything.

Maybe its just mine?

I've had one of these for more than a year. Bought a few for $50-60 or whatever, and sold them for around $100 to make mine free.

Anyway, the video is weak. The audio is good but overloads quite easily. I find it's terrific for recording me strumming guitar to make a video for youtube or whatever. Really excellent for the audio. But if you try to use it to record a band or any loud amplified music? Bad.

$30 is a good deal. But for recording audio alone, I'll stick to my long-in-the-tooth Zoom H4.

• Members
Thanks for the heads-up! I, too, wanted the PB&J the most, but I picked up 4 others for a total of $33.00 inc. tax
:thu:

FWIW, the Hash Browns, BLT, Chicken Salad and Corned Beef are the ones I got for pickup at the Aurora/Naperville IL store.

May be too late, but a bit of a heads-up:

I went to the BB store to pick up my order. On a whim, I went into the MI department, and asked the counter dude if he had any PBJ pedals. He said "I have one left" :eek:. I asked him how much it was today, and he replied "how much do you THINK it is?" :D. Naturally I got it, so a total of five pedals for $45 bucks tax included :thu:

My obvious advice: for those that have a BB store with the MI department nearby, even if the web page shows out-of-stock, it doesn't hurt to drop in and ask :)

• Members

Amber Sunburst Ec-1000 Opportunity $500?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-deluxe-ec-1000-electric-guitar/516629

Hey guys, I don't know if anyone would count this as spam. Frets weigh in?

I bought an Ec-1000 last week for $600, basically getting MF to price match to the blowout on the gold one (which is still going by the way!!). I'm probably going to return it since I bought some other Gibsons in follow-up sales during cyber monday week. But before I do that i'm wondering if anyone would like to buy it without pickups for 500 + shipping. (That's $270 off street price)

If so, i'll take out the pickups and keep them. It's still new with plastic all over. Didn't really play it except to tune and check it out. I was looking for a cream set of Seymour Duncans for another build I'm doing anyway, so I thought this would be a good way to help someone else get the benefit of the bargain I got. Otherwise I have ~35 days left to return it. :idea:

Private message or feedback here is fine. I can take photos or make video if requested.

• Members

I went to the BB store to pick up my order. On a whim, I went into the MI department, and asked the counter dude if he had any PBJ pedals. He said "I have one left"
:eek:
. I asked him how much it was today, and he replied
"how much do you THINK it is?"

Was the guy joking when he asked you that? My interpretation is he wanted to see if you knew it was on sale and he could then charge you full price, which would be damned shady.

• Members

MyRareGuitars.com has a special going on now: Buy a Classic 6, and get a free guitar (Strat, tele or LP). Not sure how insane this deal really is, but the Classic 6 is pretty sweet:

Seems like a nice deal; if I had the spare cash, I'd pull the trigger, but I do wonder what the quality is on the Valcos.

• Members
Thanks for the heads-up! I, too, wanted the PB&J the most, but I picked up 4 others for a total of $33.00 inc. tax
:thu:

FWIW, the Hash Browns, BLT, Chicken Salad and Corned Beef are the ones I got for pickup at the Aurora/Naperville IL store.

That is quite the deal. If I didn't already have a boxed set of the Cool Cat series, I'd be tempted. I picked up the Black Licorice from the Musictoyz blowout sale a couple of years ago for about the same price. It's a nice pedal, but I only use it once in a blue moon.

Archived