The GREATEST NGD via Trade ... Ev.Er

blind radish

• Members

AND this rounds out the NGDs for 2011

I found a guy selling a 1979/55RI Gibson Les Paul Special ... in Tobacco Sunburst. This guitar has been on my GAS list since before GAS was recognized by the AMA or the GMA

I wanted it ... lusted for it ... sought it. But, every time I had the dough. Nowhere to be found.

Finally ... 2 years ago, I bought a 79/55 in heritage cherry. It was a peach ... it had everything I had always wanted in a vintage Les Paul Special ... save one thing .. the color.

I convinced myself I was being greedy .... having a 79/55 yet still wanting one.

Then about 9 mos ago, my local Clist had the 79/55 RI listed. I emailed the guy an asked if he wanted to trade.

"Naaa... " he wanted cash. He is up in Jacksonville ... I am in Clearwater ... a fer piece to drive just to look at, LPS.

Then during Christmas week, I see he has it listed again. I recontact him ... say "remember me?" and asked him again about a trade.

He says he will be in my area ... and we can take a look. Maybe .... (he'd be doing it for me as he was selling his and figured selling a 79/55 in one color or the other was just about the same thing)

Long story getting longer, We meet, check out each other's axes and he said.... Well ... I don't mind trading.

Mind you his is more of a players guitar, mine in a tad better condition. ... Well we agree and I now have MY holy grail of Les Pauls.

He was a TOTALLY cool guy, who knows his stuff ....

this ...

lps_cherry.jpg

for this ...

lps_79.jpg

Archived