What's the guitar you wanted when you first started playing guitar?

honeyiscool

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wanted a V just like RR's polka dot V, and SG because of Angus, the LP because of Slash, and a Strat because of SRV. 25+ years later I finally could afford to try an learn guitar, 4yrs later it is still whoopin my A$$! But I would have had all 4 of those had my SG not died. But later down the road. It is time to start loving what I have and take learning to play serious!

• Members

Strats. The one I really wanted was Brownie, Clapton's old sunburts. My first good instrument was a US 57 RI that totally looked the part - a very good instrument but I just couldn't get used to the tiny frets and 7.25 radius. So much for dreams

• Members

Ibanez Destroyer DT-555, like Phil Collen's. Def leppard was the rock of the hour then. Then, a couple years later, Gibson released the SG 62, and a new GAS started. but my first guitar was a used Peavey T 30, it had some VH style stripes and a gumby sticker. I sprayed it red, had a black pickguard made, and stuck a Seymour Duncan bucker of some sort in there. Never really wanted that ibby later on, though I still think it looks cool. Did get an SG 62 though. -Adam

• Members

I always wanted a Jazzmaster, but I used to be a hard rawk kid back when I was 14, so after playing the JM, I wanted this:

0141710305_frt_wlg_001.jpg

Now, at the time I had a USA strat and HATED single coils. I'd have traded that thing away for anything. Glad I didn't.

Archived