Something you're bad at

slushpup96

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a lefty playing righty, so pretty much anything that calls for right-hand skill is tough for me...

I'm a lefty playing righty and I'm the best rhythm player I know, seriously I smoke at right-hand stuff.

Though I suck at counting, I've just got to learn the song and feel it. If I have to start doing that 1-2, 1-2-3 stuff I'm in trouble.

• Members

I'm really bad at making time to practice. Even when I do, I wont practice efficiently, I'll give up on something too easily these days. In the 1st 4 years of playing, I used to practice loads, and spend every spare minute, learning new songs, theory, techniques and the rest. Then, I think life happened :facepalm:

• Members

This is also my situation, and the reason so much of my playing is in open tunings for the past ten years. My fingerpicking hand is fairly fast and I can hit a lot of notes in a short time if I want to, but my fretting hand is a useless log and can't hope to keep up, so with the open tunings I can use a lot of two/three-finger chord formations and one-finger melodies and barre majors while basically faking a 'wall of sound'.

You aren't the only one who plays like this. If you ever want to offer me advice to open tuning chords I'll take it. Darnit now I'm even more interested in your guitars.

• Members

Well it would take less room to say what im good at. :D...

But my real problem aeras are... Bad eyesite... when im learning a song its real tough to follow a tab... I have poor eyesite, so I loose my place a lot... the good point is that it makes me learn the song faster... so its not that bad realy... Also I cant play with a pick.... but that has made me learn fingerstyle, what I realy enjoy, and playing electric guitar fingerstyle gives me a diferent sound/style that will [well...when I get better playing anyways..] make me stand out in the pack a little. Mostly its finding a time to pratice... Ive gotten better at it, but having a full time job, and two young kids...[and a wife thats not realy into me playing...] its tough to find the time to put in the hours needed.

• Members

Since I had nerve transposition surgery on my left elbow, my left hand hasn't come back 100%.
I was told it would be at best 80%.
I guess I'm lucky.
My chord stretches are not what they used to be, my dexterity/fluidity is not what it used to be.
I have to really think about my playing these days.

Archived