Fender MIM standard versus Squier Classic Vibe

dunning-kruger

• Members

Wow, i really think its gotten to the point where the squier i must say, is in feel and comparison on paper the better instrument.

We have MIM standards coming out of the Ensenada plant like flap jacks with 5-7 pieces of wood and veneered tops out fitted with what dosent seem to be any better pickups than my MIK squier.

And we have Squier Classic Vibes, from what i can see from my own eyes playing them and admiring the craftsmanship that there about what seems to look like 3 pieces on the telecasters and no veneer top and from what i hear there also 3-4 pieces on the strats with no veneer. The electronics sound better than what i had on my squier or any other ive played :idk:

so on paper they pretty much outclassed the MIMs , one piece necks, tinted and glossed. Damn good electronics, and less pieces of wood.

I know i was against MIC Fenders.

But between Squier Classic Vibes and MIM standards, to me the choice is clear.

Mexico dosent hold a candle anymore to these CV squiers unless your talking about buying a higher end mexican guitar like a classic player or a RI. And the money is pretty steep for those kinds of Mexicans. I know i was against MIC fender cause of value added and the raping there giving us cost wise given the cheap labor at there resource. But i just dont care you cant complain with quality!

If Squier Classic Vibes are this good when compared to fender MIM standards and just running circles around them , i cant complain with Fender MIC.

Anyone else think the classic Vibes are pretty much better than MIM standards now?

• Members

Having both a MIM Fender Tele and a Classic Vibe Squier Tele Custom, I can honestly say I prefer the Squier. It's lighter, the pickups a bit more 'bitey' and dynamic, and takes pedals (especially fuzz) better. I also love the Squier neck. Action is perfect and intonation is spot on straight from the factory too. I got it for under 3 bills new out the door about a year ago since it was a floor model and I pointed out cosmetic dings. I usually buy and sell guitars pretty frequently, but the Squier has stayed which really says something. It's the only guitar I have that I can play and be happy with the tone of regardless of what kind of music I'm listening to at the moment, be it blues, alternative rock, surf, or 60s garage stuff. Tuning never slips either. Just a great, great guitar

• Members

I also don't care for the ultra glossy necks. Makes the whole package look cheap. I prefer many of the older Squier models from Japan and Korea. My number one is a well worn late 80s Korean Squier Strat that's be refinned in nitro and has some sort of aftermarket pickups. LOVE the neck.

DSC05796.jpg

• Members

I've played a lot of both and have owned a couple of MIM Teles (1996 and 2003.) I think the CVs are better instruments overall. Only reason I don't have one is that the necks are too thin for my tastes.

The CVs have decent stock alnico pickups. In 2009 or so, the MIMs (at least the Teles) came stock with higher output ceramic pickups which, to my ears, don't have much character.

I was recently Tele-shopping and ended up with a Squier Standard. I prefer the (alnico 2) pickups to the MIMs and I prefer the neck to the CV. The hardware and electronics are probably not as nice as either the CV or MIM, but it is fully functional and sounds and plays great.

• Members

I've played them both side by side, and the only thing I can figure out is folks are comparing their new CV to their old std. The new standards are ridiculously nicer than the older ones, however, the CV's are probably the absolute best for the price range.

+1

The 2006+ MIM Standards are really fine guitars.

• Members

yeah some people dont dig the gloss necks i see.

aside from that i feel the wood is higher quality too, granted i like a light guitar but when i pick up the guitar and play it i dont want it to feel like light crap furniture wood , cheap, lacking density and substance like alot of squier standards ive played.

the classic vibe i feel atleast makes an attempt on choosing higher quality materials it feels and better build construction and quality control. As well with the vintage modified Squier ive played. All the necks altough slim have been amazing. Still chunky enough and not quiet as slim as a shecter neck i have on my c-1 classic. the frets are outfitted well too, and the neck pockets look air tight on the ones ive seen.

If i was going to buy a new tele, or used(wich i consider new to me anyways) it would be that CV without a doubt compare to some of the Mexicans ive played 2005, 07,09,11.(for reasons i dont want to point out)

alot of the Used teles ive played and felt i wouldnt pay more than 200$ for, pure and simple, and ive haggled it down to 200$ and still didnt bring myself to buy them(MIM's) i just couldnt do it.

Nicer telecasters on the other hand like my classic series im willing to dish out the money for tough.

they"ve just stepped up the level so much so that i just really want one for the sake of having that bomb as tele tone i hear from them, Feel and sound fucking awesome!

Screw the money for it is a bang for your buck guitar, but in my opinion better quality its just a dung gone no brainer, i dont even like the new MIM's standards that have come out :idk:. Aside from the FSR telecasters, and some of the modern player strats(MIC)

Archived