Pink Paisley an Blue Flower MIJ Reissues

Flux Capacitor

• Members

The pink one is a '94. Thoughts? I think I'm gonna do it.

That one is stock?

You'll want to get a good steel replacement sustain block...the metal in the stock one is super soft.

You may need to replace some electronics if they are stock. Stock PU's weren't potted and weren't well made making them prone to feedback and going microphonic, and are a little anemic.

• Members

That one is stock?

You'll want to get a good steel replacement sustain block...the metal in the stock one is super soft.

You may need to replace some electronics if they are stock. Stock PU's weren't potted and weren't well made and can feedback badly, and are a little anemic.

I'll also bet that no matter what you start trying to play, "Incense and Peppermints" is what will come out of the amp! :lol:

• Members

That one is stock?

Since the OP made reference to one having a Barden bridge, I think he's talking about Teles. But I'm not sure he's only talking about Teles.

D

• Members

How can I expect to get out of this guitar?

be759f98.jpg

Should I trade for a MIM 70's reissue + $150?

If it was my MIM I'd certainly be hoping you would - I reckon the Tele is worth at least $400 more than the MIM.

• Members

My '08. Believe they only sold 1000 of them.

never heard that before, and I wonder...did you get that directly from Fender Japan? I saw them around a lot, still see em used...never really appealed to me...maybe they exported 1000 but theres no real way of knowing for sure unless someone from the company spills the beans.

• Members

they have changed back to MIJ on guitars now...you know, just in case it wasn`t confusing enough.

Could be right about the 1000 export number though...I know Yamaha exported 40 of their THE FG acoustics and I know they`ve made a lot more than that since they`ve been selling them for years in Japan, so probably exported 40 Stateside but marketing makes a big difference eh.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I just sold my Blue Flower Tele and Strat in my second wave of thinning the herd. Sorry to see them go but I love my Paisley Tele and Strat more so that was how I came to my decision.

Someone early on in this thread said they liked the pickups for the tele. I never did, kind of dull so I put nocasters into the paisley tele. Now it's awesome. The pickups for the strats (blue flower and paisley) are both excellent.

2 guys from 2 different bands bought the guitars. Maybe I'll see them on stage one day.

Still I'm sad because while the Blue Flower was never as popular as the Paisley I still really dug them.

• Members

My friend had one of the blue flower strats and it was a fairly miserable guitar. I am pretty sure it had little tiny frets. He ended up scalloping the fingerboard and essentially ruined it. But it was ugly as hell and had really thick basketball court finish on the maple neck. He got it cheap because it had been hanging in a music store for 5 years an no one would take it home.

• Members

I've been keeping my eyes open for a paisley Strat recently, and while I remember them being in stores around here in '08, I haven't see one lately---just a few used ones at web dealers and all pretty expensive. But, history suggests that they will be available again at some point . . . hopefully soon. But they'll probably cost a lot more now, if they still come from Japan.

• Members

My friend had one of the blue flower strats and it was a fairly miserable guitar. I am pretty sure it had little tiny frets. He ended up scalloping the fingerboard and essentially ruined it. But it was ugly as hell and had really thick basketball court finish on the maple neck. He got it cheap because it had been hanging in a music store for 5 years an no one would take it home.

Awww that's just mean.

• Members

I have two paisleys - one I use that has had the electronics upgraded, one that ive kept new in a case since I bought it.

I also had a a blue flower, then upgraded it and Esquired it with a Voodoo broadcaster. Was lovely. I put it back to its original state, sold it, and the electronics are now in my CV50.

Photo0084.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

Archived