March 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What if I wanted a cheaper cab than the avatar? What would you reccomendations for the cab? Thanks

That is a matter of your budget and what you want in the long run. It's better to me that I buy a cab that I won't outgrow. You can skimp on a speaker now and upgrade later, but you can't replace the stuff that the cab is constructed out of. I don't own that Kustom Cab or the JC so that's for someone else to advise. I would go with Avatar or Lopo, but you may have different expectations.

• Members

Cool thanks. I didn't think about the kustom cab. I was also looking at a jet city 1x12. The Jet City JCA12S is about $30 more than the Kustom cab. Not sure which one to go with to match the Kustom 5H.

JET CITY KICKS ASS!

Great speaker and very well made cab....Buy It!:thu:

• Members

I agree with the Kustom head. But if you want to save some $$, just get the Kustom cabinet for it. You can always change the speaker when $$ permits.

I would give this a +1 and the Defender cab is available at Guitar center for $99 and a $20 off coupon MARSAV drops it to $79 with free shipping, but they add tax

• Members

This might have gone up already, but, GC is blowing out the Bogner Alchemist 112 Combos' for $499, in store only. I bought one....Seems good, but I a bit nervous about some reliability things online...any way, I have 28 days...Wortha shot for what it does and what it cost.

• Members

Thanks for the tip. For those that bought the 3102 model when they were on clearance a couple of years ago, the Pathmaker Deluxe case will fit it.

The one I got was a THINLINE. So you need to make sure you get the correct case here.

• Members

Thanks for the tip. For those that bought the 3102 model when they were on clearance a couple of years ago, the Pathmaker Deluxe case will fit it.

Thanks for the post and the sizing tip. Just got one. My son loves that Wechter.

• Members

Just a heads up those Wechter Deluxe Thinline cases are very nice. I didn't get the one that was on clearance that "Black Friday" sale the 3102 but a black pathmaker thinline deluxe with the newer Fishman electronics, not the Artec electronics of the $99 one. Also I was able to talk the salesman into throwing in one of these cases for $20 back then.

• Members

Music Zoo has some decent discounts on gear not normally subject to discounts. You have to request the list via email and they have asked not to spread the prices around or ask for matching discounts from other retailers. I got a 20% discount on a boutique amp from a town that knows the shag and has a battleship parked in a river and made Blue Velvet, when all of the other dealers won't budge an inch.

• Members
The one I got was a THINLINE. So you need to make sure you get the correct case here.

I ordered the correct case (the deluxe). They sent me a Thinline. I called my sales rep but I haven't heard back from him. If you need a case for a Ibanez AM73, the Thinline case works well. I'm guessing that it will also work well for a 339 since that's about the same size as a AM73.

• Members

I ordered the correct case (the deluxe). They sent me a Thinline. I called my sales rep but I haven't heard back from him. If you need a case for a Ibanez AM73, the Thinline case works well. I'm guessing that it will also work well for a 339 since that's about the same size as a AM73.

I tried my Wechter in my Artcore case..fit fine just fyi.

• Members

Then you are telling it at the wrong place.

Veiwer discretiion is advised. I still think it is appropriate to tell people where to go look for the information without publishing the price list here. However, given the history of some of the bonehead moves documented here, I agree it is a risky proposition.

Archived