Axl tells RRHOF to f**k off

craigny

• Members

I am one of the rare people that likes the new lineup! Even like some of the songs from the last cd. Also agree with him when he says let a divorce be done. To each their own.

band wise they are really really good musicians, all 3 guitarist can really kick ass. But they should be called the Axl Rose band or something other than GnR. I don't want to see them back together, i'd rather just put on Appetite every now and again and remember it for what it was, a great rock n roll album. They will never ever be the same band again, so hopefully they never try to do it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw them twice right before the release of the Use Your Illusion albums. The first time was at the Nassau Coliseum and a few months later at the Garden. It was the same thing both times as they did not take the stage till well over three hours of the original time slot and at the Coliseum they were saying these bull {censored} messages over the PA-like they were stuck in traffic. But to keep it real both shows they played close to three hours and gave it their all. I can honestly say they were worth the wait.

There is no doubt the guy is a head case and was the demise of one of the greatest bands ever. But to question how good or legit they were is foolish. How many bands are still as talked about or relevant that only made 3 studio albums of originals.

• Members
I saw them twice right before the release of the Use Your Illusion albums. The first time was at the Nassau Coliseum and a few months later at the Garden. It was the same thing both times as they did not take the stage till well over three hours of the original time slot and at the Coliseum they were saying these bull {censored} messages over the PA-like they were stuck in traffic. But to keep it real both shows they played close to three hours and gave it their all. I can honestly say they were worth the wait.

There is no doubt the guy is a head case and was the demise of one of the greatest bands ever. But to question how good or legit they were is foolish. How many bands are still as talked about or relevant that only made 3 studio albums of originals.

----------Guns and Roses were still full of {censored}e for doing this. First, I was at all those shows, and they were a nightmare. The opener would go at 7:30, and be off by 8:15 or so. The change over on the stage was 30 minutes, so they were set to go by 9:15 pm. They then let the crowd sit there to way after midnight in some cases(with all the angry people fighting with each other over the wait!!:eek:), and longer than that in others. People who spent a LOT OF MONEY for the tickets had to leave because they had a babysitter waiting:eek:, had their cars in garages that were going to CLOSE:mad:, or had to get up early to go to work in the morning:lol:. This waiting nonsense wasn't necessary, and all do to the fact that the band wasn't in a hurry, and took their time drinking backstage...............The REAL Rocker.

• Members

he don't mind he don't mind he don't mind...

....ok....

When the day is done and you wanna run...

Ok.

When you got bad news you want to..shake those blues..

Ok.

he don't mind he don't mind he don't mind...

...Ok..

...w'allright....

wockka-wokka-wokka-wokka-..(clapton solo)

• Members

----------Guns and Roses were still full of {censored}e for doing this. First, I was at all those shows, and they were a nightmare. The opener would go at 7:30, and be off by 8:15 or so. The change over on the stage was 30 minutes, so they were set to go by 9:15 pm. They then let the crowd sit there to way after midnight in some cases(with all the angry people fighting with each other over the wait!!
:eek:
), and longer than that in others. People who spent a LOT OF MONEY for the tickets had to leave because they had a babysitter waiting:eek:, had their cars in garages that were going to CLOSE:mad:, or had to get up early to go to work in the morning:lol:. This waiting nonsense wasn't necessary, and all do to the fact that the band wasn't in a hurry, and took their time drinking backstage...............The REAL Rocker.

According to the other members of the band, these late starts were because Axl refused to show up. He'd just show up any time he felt like it. That and making the rest of the band sign over the name Guns and Roses to him alone was the catalyst for the break-up of the original band.

Appetite was the only album of theirs worth a {censored} in my opinion, and I'm not a huge fan, but Axl is a douche of epic proportions and this is just another douchey move in a 25+ year history of douchery.

• Members

Yeah the whole late start thing was total BS....not f***ing cool to do to your fans, and a bad idea to have a bunch of people stweing about waiting with nothing to do but drink...lol...Slash claimed in his book that it was a big PITA and that really Axl was the only one causing it...again two sides to every story....thats why Metallica chose to go on first on the "co headline" tour...they didn't play that BS...

• Members

I have no idea what really happened within the band itself but I do know this. When Axl was recently interviewed by Eddie Trunk he asked him about the "tardiness" at their shows. Here is the quick summary of that discussion:

Trunk was ballsy enough to ask about Rose

• Members

G'N'R Appetite for Destruction was a game changer...and a great album.

Everything else sucked to one degree or another.
:idk:

It's sad, but true. They definitely peaked on their first album... Nothing they could ever come up with after that could match it. The Use Your Illusion albums weren't terrible, but they had their share of crap songs. And pointlessly awesome music videos. Estranged -one of my favourite Guns 'n' Roses songs- is a case in point. I mean, Slash rising from the ocean to play a solo like some kind of rockin' Jesus? Hilariously awesome.

Can't say I've really taken an interest in any other albums besides those three. Regardless of what anyone says, Rocket Queen is still an awesome tune.

• Members

Revisit Use Your Illusion I & II. They could have made 1 solid album...LOL.....

I love alot of the stuff on those records. Bad Apples is one of my faves.

Slash also happens to be playing better than he has in his career. I saw him a year ago and his solo work was truly great. I'd love a reunion.

• Members

Revisit Use Your Illusion I & II. They could have made 1 solid album...LOL.....

I love alot of the stuff on those records. Bad Apples is one of my faves.

Slash also happens to be playing better than he has in his career. I saw him a year ago and his solo work was truly great. I'd love a reunion.

I'll go check that out. Funny you should say that, as well. I've got tickets to see Slash in June, which promises to be an amazing show. Big fan of his solo work, and he seems to be doing pretty well for himself.

• Members

I wish they made punching bags with Axl on one side and Lars Ulrich on the other for the ole 1-2...

You raise an interesting point. Though I'd replace one of them (it's a surprisingly tough decision between the two) with Olliver Twisted. Y'all probably don't know what he did, but I do... :mad:

• Members

Anyone read Slash's autobio? He clearly states his reasons for leaving GNR:

1. Axl's constant lateness to shows.

2. Axl demanding that Slash and Duff sign contracts which state that they are his employees and that he can treat them as such.

3. The fact that Izzy and Steven were gone---it just wasn't GNR anymore.

I love AFD and much of the UYI's. I even think Chinese Democracy is a decent Axl Rose solo effort.

Guns n Roses hasn't existed since 1993. I'd never, ever pay any money to see Axl Rose play a show, because I just don't feel like waiting around to watch him show up 3 hours late and have a bunch of Hot Topic dressed actors play the part of Slash.

As for the RnRHF thing, I don't really care. As a fan of those albums, it doesn't matter to me if they get "inducted." I mean, I knew they'd never perform together again anyway.

• Members

Axl kind of admits his guilt in the lateness with the Eddie Trunk interview and this is what pisses me off. I'm like you in that I'd never pay b/c I don't think he'll show.

The RnRHF show would have been a nice way for him to make it up to fans who did get burned. Give a little back to the fans b/c they deserve it. Any time you can bring some light into the fans life - why not? Oh I forgot - he's a selfish turd...that's right.

• Members

Did he ever say why he's not attending?

Besides from "I'm not gonna show and there's nothing you can do about it!"?

I never payed much attention to RRHOF anyways.
:idk:

There's some speculation that Axl wanted the RRHOF not to allow Slash to be there. In Axl's mind, his current 9 employees are GNR, and THEY should be inducted.

People who have gone to Axl's recent shows have been told by security that they had to leave if they were wearing old-school GNR shirts or top hats.

Also, at this year's Golden Globes party, Axl was telling all sorts of reporters that he hates Slash.

Seriously, the guy has a major hate-boner for Slash. It's almost religious.

• Members

The other thing that bothered me about this interview was that nobody told him that its a bull{censored} answer and its nonsense. Trunk talks about how he loves artists who can take criticism but only dishes it out in cases when the artist is "cool enough" to take it. In a situation where he could use his voice for the fans he sits there like a little girl. I know he has a beef with the RRHOF - but feel that this is a different issue. So Trunk acts nonchalantely about it while the fans suffer.

It's about knowing how far you can go. Eddie knows he's in a special (if compromising) position: Axl kind of trusts him, and Eddie knows it's in his interest to cultivate that trust. Axl doesn't trust many people in the media, and it's really, really easy to get on his {censored} list. And he's got a long one. {censored} list, that is.

So while it's easy to bust Eddie's balls for going easy on Axl, that's how he has to play the game if he's going to get Axl to maybe open up a little bit. And you gave the guy credit already -- he called Axl out for his perpetual lateness, and Axl took it. Win-win.

I have my own little beefs with Eddie Trunk -- nothing major -- but throwing softball questions (along with a curveball) at one of music's supreme prima donnas ain't one of them. Eddie did alright.

• Members

----------Guns and Roses were still full of {censored}e for doing this. First, I was at all those shows, and they were a nightmare. The opener would go at 7:30, and be off by 8:15 or so. The change over on the stage was 30 minutes, so they were set to go by 9:15 pm. They then let the crowd sit there to way after midnight in some cases(with all the angry people fighting with each other over the wait!!
:eek:
), and longer than that in others. People who spent a LOT OF MONEY for the tickets had to leave because they had a babysitter waiting:eek:, had their cars in garages that were going to CLOSE:mad:, or had to get up early to go to work in the morning:lol:. This waiting nonsense wasn't necessary, and all do to the fact that the band wasn't in a hurry, and took their time drinking backstage...............The REAL Rocker.

Axl is STILL pulling that crap. A few of my co-workers went to see GnR on their latest tour. It was on a Sunday night and all told, the concert didn't wrap up until 2:00 Monday morning. Total BS and the height of arrogance and disregard for your fans.

Axl blows. The RRHoF sucks.

/thread

• Members

It's about knowing how far you can go. Eddie knows he's in a special (if compromising) position: Axl kind of trusts him, and Eddie knows it's in his interest to cultivate that trust. Axl doesn't trust many people in the media, and it's really, really easy to get on his {censored} list. And he's got a long one. {censored} list, that is.

So while it's easy to bust Eddie's balls for going easy on Axl, that's how he has to play the game if he's going to get Axl to maybe open up a little bit. And you gave the guy credit already -- he called Axl out for his perpetual lateness, and Axl took it. Win-win.

I have my own little beefs with Eddie Trunk -- nothing major -- but throwing softball questions (along with a curveball) at one of music's supreme prima donnas ain't one of them. Eddie did alright.

I totally understand that point of view and used to feel that way - but with the RRHoF thing and GnR I've changed my view. Eddie hates the RRHoF so much that it blinds him to the effing the fans of GnR are getting. He's on twitter with a WGAS attitude and I feel like maybe he's the kind of guy who contributes to Axl not opening his eyes.

People want to hear what Axl has to say because they are fans of the music so I get Eddie wanting to land him as a guest. But if Axl is such a sociopath that he perpetually burns his fans & he never does interviews - maybe its time for everybody, even people like Eddie Trunk, to call the guy out for what he is - a douche.

I like Eddie's TV show but think its lame for hiim to say stuff like "Lars can mix it up and take criticism and comes on the show......" then he busts chops on their Lulu album. He then talks about how great it is that Lars can take the heat but some others refuse to come on because of criticism. "We're so honest". They're just talking about albums by the way. An album came out, you didn't like it - great! Lars took the criticism and was cool about it. Nice!

Then they get a guy who clearly has no respect to his fans and he pussyfoots around him. If you're being honest then stop being such a wuss with Axl.

And now, because Eddie Trunk hates the RRHoF, its no big deal that Axl is dissing it.

This is probably the only time GnR will ever be on stage together again. It will never happen if not now. So - maybe to be cool to the fans Axl should show up. So many were burned through no shows at concerts, bad shows (Axl even said sucked), horrible lineups and him just being invisible to the scene. Sure they guy doesn't really owe anybody anything, but it would be cool for him to do this one right thing for the GnR fans.

Maybe its time for people like Eddie to stop thinking about themselves (and his hate for the RRHoF most people don't give a sh*t about - nobody cares, dudes!!!) and speaking about how Axl should do it for the fans.

Its also wak as hell for Eddie to pretend to be so honest and then act like a little girl when interviewing Axl. Those guys looked like scared kids with Axl sitting there.

Archived