The First Act SFA Sheena and Lola guitars are back in stock for $99

Tweedledee

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did you?

Or months ago?

Nope. I was gonna get one when my tax refund came but they were sold out at the time and had gas building like a volcano so I bought the last SX NGG1 Goldtop Rondo had(avatar). I wanted an LP type and have 2 other FA gits already AND I told my wife i wasnt getting anymore.

But I want one.......

• Members

You came out of it with a really stellar axe though! Congrats!

I'm on the fence, mainly because I really don't need another guitar, and my wife knows it! Yet they would seem excellent deals, and they'd surely see use in my hands. Guess I'll broach the subject at breakfast and let the reaction serve as my guide...

• Members

I'm on the fence, mainly because I really don't need another guitar, and my wife knows it! Yet they would seem excellent deals, and they'd surely see use in my hands. Guess I'll broach the subject at breakfast and let the reaction serve as my guide...

What dc said :thu:

• Members

I'm tempted by the red CE120 lola, because I like the simplicity of just a bridge pickup (I find it kinda neat), plus I like the red color better.

only problem is, although it doesn't SAY for some reason, I think it looks like it has a bolt on neck. now, I don't even know if that IS a problem, but why would the body construction be different from the CE140 which is only $20 up (which is mainly attributable to the fact that it has 2 pickups, one would think).

I need a decent bucker axe to tear around with. I have a great P90 axe but nothing humbucker wise right now. the lola could be fun, who knows.

• Members

I'm tempted by the red CE120 lola, because I like the simplicity of just a bridge pickup (I find it kinda neat), plus I like the red color better.

only problem is, although it doesn't SAY for some reason, I think it looks like it has a bolt on neck. now, I don't even know if that IS a problem, but why would the body construction be different from the CE140 which is only $20 up (which is mainly attributable to the fact that it has 2 pickups, one would think).

I need a decent bucker axe to tear around with. I have a great P90 axe but nothing humbucker wise right now. the lola could be fun, who knows.

2 diff model lines basically. Kinda like comparing a MIM fender with a squire bullet(look similar but...). Besides you dont need to use the neck pickup right? Unless you need red spend the extra $20

• Members

I think it looks like it has a bolt on neck. now, I don't even know if that IS a problem, but why would the body construction be different from the CE140 which is only $20 up (which is mainly attributable to the fact that it has 2 pickups, one would think).

You're comparing what is essentially the standard price of the CE140 with the blowout clearance price of the CE240.

The CE140 has a bolt on neck, different body wood, solid paint colors, and a single pickup. $79 may be a bit of a deal on these, but it's not a huge discount.

The CE240 has a set neck, flame maple top, transparent finishes, neck binding, two pickups, etc. $99 is NOT the original selling price of these - they listed around $500, with a street price of around $350. I would say they're every bit of a $350 guitar - the workmanship is really dang nice. But they apparently didn't sell at that price (probably due to the First Act name, honestly) so now they're on clearance at $99.

All three of the CE240s that I ordered (one to keep, one for a friend, and a spare to mod) came with inspection sheets that show that someone here in the states went over these things with a fine tooth comb, and some of them may have been returned to the factory for correction, but I couldn't find any of the flaws they had noted.

• Members

:lol:

I don't have your collection in which to bury new arrivals!

I find that as long as I only have 4 or 5 "out" at any given time, no problems arise. She has yet to notice the pile of cased guitars growing in the storage closet, though.

I'll be rotating in a $89 SX STL later today. Adding a Sheena to the mix would make this a busy week.

• Members

I'm really starting to wonder about First Act. This is the second time these have popped back up for $99. The first time I thought maybe they were previous returns or random items found in the warehouse. But the second time? Maybe this is going to be the new price for these. :idk:

Edit: For those of you on the fence about these, I'll second what others have said. They're an incredible bargain. I really enjoy playing my Sheena...almost as much as answering the inevitable question, "wtf is that thing?". :D That Lola is really tempting me.

• Members

Now that is confusing.

I had added a blue Sheena to my cart before, put in my address to see the shipping and it was 7.73. I deleted that one, added a black Sheena to the cart instead, had to put in my address again and now it's saying 11.42 for shipping.

Are the black ones heavier? (I know they're not, it's just odd it did that.)

Archived