Rare Backlund guitar stolen and recovered Thursday...

John Backlund

• Members

From Bruce Bennett's facebook page this morning......(The JBD guys are attending the South Carolina Guitar Show in Spartanburg this weekend)...

"Ok I gotta share this story, the guitar you see here is the JBD-400 and it was STOLEN out of our suite today at approximately 3 PM. at 4:21 Pm I got a call from a local Music store that know us and he says to me I've got a guy here wanting to sell me a JBD-400... needless to say we recovered the guitar! That kind of thing rarely happens in this industry. I'm am SO thankful for Darren Patrick of Mountain Music for giving us the heads up!"

Stolenandrecovered400.jpg

"...they usually just vanish forever. We even discovered the crook was trying to sell it for 75.00!"

"...yeah, she picked up a small chip in the finish that is fixable. but being as this one is only the 2nd one on the planet.. I'm very happy to have it back."

I'm glad the thief tried to sell the guitar so quickly, it's rare (understatement) as hen's teeth, but too unique to easily sell without being noticed. At least it wasn't stashed in a closet somewhere, never to be seen . I'm betting the rest of the weekend is going to be a relatively smooth ride.

• Members

Awesome guitar!

Hope they got the guy, and that you mark up the MSRP to get it above petty theft.

Meth head?

That particular guitar is definately in the grand theft category of ill-gotten booty, probably by a factor of two.

Don't know about the 'meth head' thing yet, might just be a comic book addict or something.

• Members

If you ever sell your guitars at a sub 1k price, I'll be one of the first to buy. You make great designs man.

Thanks!

If they could be retailed at under 1G I'd be ecstatic, and could probably retire on the proceeds, but....it takes money to make money, and the up-front moolah for that sort of volume production simply isn't there at this time. For now, they will have to remain hand-made, limited production, boutique custom instruments, but I'm thankful for even that, considering that they could all still be just little drawings in the bottom of a drawer rather than out there actually making noise someplace.

• Members

Thanks!

If they could be retailed at under 1G I'd be
ecstatic
, and could probably retire on the proceeds, but....it takes money to make money, and the up-front moolah for that sort of volume production simply isn't there at this time. For now, they will have to remain hand-made, limited production, boutique custom instruments, but I'm thankful for even that, considering that they could all still be just little drawings in the bottom of a drawer rather than out there actually making noise someplace.

Totally understand. It would take a huge capital investment, and the quality may suffer.

Archived