The Most Perfect Rock Song Of All Time

DaveAronow

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm inclined to say an oldie like johhny b. goode or louie louie. Satisfaction is definitely up there too. Love, love, love when the levee breaks, but I guess I think of that as more of a blues song. To me straight up rock n' roll is simpler and grittier than that

• Members

Ideally the most PERFECT rock song would encapsulate:

1. Mind destroying vocal power

2. Have a ballady passage

3. Tell a great story or embody a cool message

4. Have great and pounding rhythm section

5. At least 1 astounding and completely improbable guitar solo, preferably two

Know ye of such a song?

I have a sneaking feeling the answer contain Deep Purple or Dio Rainbow, but which song I don't know

Man on a Silver mountain.

• Members
My Sharona is Pop in my book.

My Sharona teeters on the edge of pop but it definitely still rocks and as much as I loved thst song when it was a current radio hit, it may be one of my favorite songs ever. I can only think of a few dozen songs ever that I loved as much as that song. I think it was just the energy of it resonated so well with me. Also, it was just fun sounding, and fun to sing along with. It may be close to being pop, but that is one rockin ass pop song!

• Members

IMHO pop simply is anything consumed by the masses music wise. If it charts its probably crossed the line into pop. Some might disagree but why is purple haze not pop in retrospect? No bubblegum vocals? Debatable.

Pop music (a term that originally derives from an abbreviation of "popular") is a genre of popular music which originated in its modern form in the 1950s, deriving from rock and roll.[1] The terms popular music and pop music are often used interchangeably, even though the former is a description of music which is popular (and can include any style), whilst the latter is a specific genre containing qualities of mass appeal.[1]

As a genre, pop music is very eclectic, often borrowing elements from other styles including urban, dance, rock, Latin and country;[1] nonetheless, there are core elements which define pop. Such include generally short-to-medium length songs, written in a basic format (often the verse-chorus structure), as well as the common employment of repeated choruses, melodic tunes, and catchy hooks.[1]

So-called "pure pop" music, such as power pop, features all these elements, utilising electric guitars, drums and bass for instrumentation;[1]

Wikied, spelling failures and all, lol.

So not to be a dick, unless you are like me and a super douchey hipster who listens to only obscure stuff, you listen to pop music and most of your heroes have tread upon that genre

(I listen to pop, who am I kidding).

• Members

Know ye of such a song?

I have a sneaking feeling the answer contain Deep Purple or Dio Rainbow, but which song I don't know

Queen - It's Late

• Members
My all time favorite is Stairway. I know I am shallow but I have played it so many hundred times It has become an ear worm. The licks just seep out whenever I pick up a guitar. For a little transatlantic variety I really like Springsteen's Born to Run tune as well as most ot the other cuts on the record which has to be up there with one of the great rock albums. :rawk: For extra credit for Bruce and the E-Street outfit, have y'all ever noticed what an absolute *MONSTER* player Max Weinberg is. That mofo may be the hottest drummer in rock - kid u not.

• Members

My all time favorite is Stairway

It's seriously about as good as a song gets. 90% of the complaints about it is that it's been played too much or that they stole three chords from another song. When you say perfect rock song, this is not what comes to my mind, but I guess it is rock and it is perfect. I'll second the nomination.

• Members

Know ye of such a song?

Yes, this has it all in spades. This is even more perfecter than anything mentioned so far.

Archived