N(B)GD!

Brian Krashpad

• Members

I dig Japanese basses. That bass really looks cool retro.
:thu:

Thanks, being a Ramones fan I've always wanted something in the Mosrite family, since Johnny played a Mosrite guitar. I didn't expect to ever buy a Mosrite-y bass, but that's the cool thing about craigslist, ya never know what's going to pop up.

• Members

Thanks kids. Was lucky that the seller was a keyboardist. He had never even heard the term "lawsuit (or "pre-lawsuit") guitar." Kinda didn't know what he had.

Eventually I'll probably replace the Gibby-style speed knobs. From web pics the originals look like they sorta resembled black Strat knobs with "VOL" and "TONE" on them.

• Members

Congrats Brian.
:thu:
Is it a short scale?

Thanks. Funny you should mention that, I was playing it momentarily a little while ago and thought it might be. Just checked, best info I can find is that it's 30.5" scale, so for a bass yes I reckon that is short scale. Perfect for my elfin stature.

;)

Thanks, being a Ramones fan I've always wanted something in the Mosrite family, since Johnny played a Mosrite guitar. I didn't expect to ever buy a Mosrite-y bass, but that's the cool thing about craigslist, ya never know what's going to pop up.

Went to one CL transaction and woke up in a bathtub full of ice minus a kidney, but thanks to CL, I was able to buy it back for half of what one would cost retail!! :o

Very cool bass!! :thu:

Archived