Am I wrong in this.

NOS68

• Members

So wait, it's NOT a reissue pickguard? It's a real 1962 one? Or a Fender "Model 62" pickguard?

Btw, I'm selling my Chevy Corvette with a custom tuned engine. Has Chevy sport suspension, and a new Chevy gas tank. (what I'm not telling you is the engine is a 4cyl block out of a 70s Pinto. If the buyer doesn't ask, it's his fault!)

When you say you have a loaded 62 Fender pickguard, the buyer assumes the pickups are also Fender unless otherwise stated. Saying they are custom wound could also be the description from Fender - which I believe some of their '62 Custom shop pickups were.

This sums it up pretty well...................................

• Members

I admit tossed the idea around how to list the pups and as I stated to him I did not want to list them as "Walter Paul Pickups" and have them sound like they where more than they are.....

And again...this is simply ridiculous logic. Why would they "sound like more than they are"..? They would sound EXACTLY like what they are....Walter Paul pickups. Why would any seller NOT want people to think the pickups were high end?

If you listed them as named and he thought..."wow...walter paul pickups! Awesome!...That sounds like a high end company!"...then you'd have been honest and he'd have been responsible for not checking out what they are.

This reasoning of yours is so feeble that I'm pretty much positive you knew that the minute someone searched walter paul pickups they'd find this...

http://www.made-in-china.com/traderoom/waltowen

You knew "custom wound pickups" was a way to hide that they are Chinese made pickups and you didn't want that association with what you were trying to sell.

seriously dude...give it up...

• Moderators

I admit tossed the idea around how to list the pups and as I stated to him I did not want to list them as "Walter Paul Pickups" and have them sound like they where more than they are or list them as generic Chinese alnico's

OUCH!!!!! I just looked that up and am now slightly on the side of the dudes climbin on your back, cheap Chinese pickups shoudl never be labelled Custom unless they are wound by a particularly well respected Chinese pickup winder, until then they are just another set of no name generics of little value, despite the fact they may sound quite respectable.

• Members

It looks like it's going to work out with both of us happy. We talked on the phone tonight and he is going to try it the way it is and if he doesn't like it will send it back and I'll install a set of 57/62's. He'll pay to ship it and the cost of the pups I'll cover the return shipping. What a difference actually talking to someone makes as we found we where a lot closer to agreeing than not. I swear electronic communication will be the death of society.

• Members

It looks like it's going to work out with both of us happy. We talked on the phone tonight and he is going to try it the way it is and if he doesn't like it will send it back and I'll install a set of 57/62's. He'll pay to ship it and the cost of the pups I'll cover the return shipping. What a difference actually talking to someone makes as we found we where a lot closer to agreeing than not. I swear electronic communication will be the death of society.

Most arguments are a result of communication breakdowns. Glad it worked out.

Archived