Ten Years Gone

nuke_diver

• Members

Ten years ago today the reason I play guitar was gone :cry: as my mom passed away after losing her battle with Cancer. She gave me my first guitar even though I was looking to play guitar. I never got much past cowboy chords while she was alive. I have to think that she would be pleased to see where I am now (even though it's only a bit past cowboy chords).

As this sad anniversary was approaching I started to work on this song. Even though it's about a girl every time I thought of the title and thought of her. I'm a long way away from getting it but I'll keep at it.

I still think and miss her every day. Thank you Mom for the gift of music among all the others things .

[video=youtube;jYpydtdlWxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpydtdlWxA

• Members

Almost everyone will have or already has, lost someone to cancer. It's not so much of a sad day since though it doesn't seem so it was a long time ago. I wish she could have seen the level I've progressed to. Although not very good she would be overjoyed that I stuck with it I think. All in all playing the guitar is one of the best ways I can honour her memory

Thanks guys mojo to all of you who also have lost loved ones to cancer.

• Members

Gotta be a tough anniversary for you man! :cry: When I've lost a loved-one I like to think of how the time passing will help - and the sting does soften over the years, of course - but I find the passage of time also makes me feel farther away from their memory. One of life's little curses I guess, to go along with its many gifts.

A great mom is such a blessing - here's to nuke_diver's mom! "To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."

Archived