Les Paul Build #2

GuitarNoobie

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

finished with the electronics cavity and switch cavity. i used the same method for the switch cavity... forstner bit and then router...

dcam5276.jpg

next i am ready to do the back plates route... but then i realize these new templates are calling for a router bit i don't own. so that's it for tonight. i have to get a new router bit..

dcam5278.jpg

so here's the progress for this evening...

dcam5279.jpg

Damn, you're sure doin it and that's some really purty Mahogany. You go boy.:thu:

• Members

some more updates...

i routed the cavity plates but forgot to take pics with the template in place. however here are the results...

dcam5306.jpg
dcam5307.jpg

next i routed a 3/16" rounded edge on the back of the guitar using my router table.

dcam5309.jpg
dcam5310.jpg

here's some shots of what i have so far... the mark on the sides the body is a little oil from the bearing on the router bit. no biggie...

dcam5312.jpg
dcam5314.jpg
dcam5315.jpg
dcam5316.jpg
dcam5317.jpg

next i am ready to glue my pre-carved top to the body...

:wave:

• Members

coming out really nice. i still have to vote for the blue though. haha.

for those curious, the top on this is eastern red maple as opposed to hard sugar maple. the are very similar, but aparently the red maple has better figuring and obviously takes water based dyes very well.

(i talked to my wood supplier this morning, who is also bartlets supplier as it turns out. ill be using this red maple on my kits i think)

• Members
if you add up ALL the guitars you want then for sure, but I have close to $2000 invested in tools

Absolutely, because I have about $5000 invested in guitars... Not to mention the 7 large in amps. I need to figure some of this {censored} out...

Another vote for red. :thu: I think that when I do mine, I'll bind the back too, but make it an axcess back and neck pocket style.

I'm loving this build.

• Members
Absolutely, because I have about $5000 invested in guitars... Not to mention the 7 large in amps. I need to figure some of this {censored} out...

Another vote for red.
:thu:
I think that when I do mine, I'll bind the back too, but make it an axcess back and neck pocket style.

I'm loving this build.

thanks superfly...

Archived