What do you think of the new Slash AFD LP?

fuzztone

• Members

what kind of bridge is that? that saddle look different.

it looks nice but doesn't really seem to have much to do with apetite for dustruction or the guitar he played in the real appetite recordings (not the upcoming ones)

Should look more like this?

slash_wttj_burst_CU.jpg

or this?

derrig_00.jpg

derrig_01.jpg

derrig_02.jpg

• Members

I thought slash's guitar was a les paul clone made for him after he sold off all his others for smack?

while he sold plenty of guitars for junk; that one in particular was aquired by g'n'r's then manager, alan niven, from musicworks in redondo beach, ca after slash had become very frustrated with the sound from his various junkass bc rich's. it's a replica built by the late luthier kris derrig (who died of cancer some 20 years ago.) he only made a handful; and that was merely one of them that happened to land in slash's hands.

cool there's a tribute to it. great looking guitar.

• Members

Nice guitar

but when Slash wants a good Gibson he uses a Custom copy and when he wants a good Fender he uses a BC Rich...when he wants money he hold guitars with LOGOS that pay

Here's a fan question for SLASH from Ray. Ray asks, "In your great performance with Michael Jackson during his 30th anniversary show, you used your BC Rich Mockingbird. I noticed it had a tremolo bar on it. I've never seen you use a tremolo bar. Do you ever use one?"

SLASH replies, "I use a tremolo on certain songs. But only then. My BC Rich is my main tremolo guitar".

• Members

way overpriced and the headstock artwork is cheesy. I can see playing a guitar with artwork like that when I was 20 but in my 40s? I'd feel a bit silly. They should have just put "Slash AFD" on the truss cover and the regular "Les Paul" signature on the headstock.

• Members

It has a different bridge, is chambered, has the cheesy headstock logo, and is overpriced.

So in actuality it isn't even a replica of the Derrig 59 clone at all, just another gimmick to part fools and their money.

I love some Gibson guitars just can't stand Gibson the company.

• Members

I neither like nor dislike the slash logo think. I honestly don't find the headstock drawing overly distracting. In the pics on the MF website, I couldn't even clearly see it so it certainly didn't bug me. Nowhere near as obtrusive and silly looking as Ace Frehley's face on the headstock of his sig LP IMO.

• Members

NOT A FAN AT ALL . . . infact, i am very disappointed.

He is the guy who got me to pick up the guitar in '88.

To me, his older
Tobacco Burst
sig is still his best looking LP
:love:

http://images.gibson.com/Files/44fa939f-3488-447c-99a4-6a4edd2ad52c.jpg
- just beautifull.

+1! If I took the neck pickup cover off my Std it'd look identical to that! :love:

Archived