The more I look at this guitar, the more I want it.

honeyiscool

• Members

0143300372_frt_wlg_001.jpg

I could put two Lace Hot Golds Sensors and a Hot Gold Dually in the bridge and wire up one of my weird wiring configs and I'd have the guitar to fill all gaps that I feel currently exist in my collection. After all, I don't have anything with a Jazzmaster trem, and I don't have anything with three pickups, and I don't have any low output single coils. I'd definitely try to do something funky with the wiring, though. After all, what would my guitars be without funky wiring?

I guess if I still want it by then, I know what I'm buying myself with my Christmas bonus.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It's certainly an interesting guitar. I'd be tempted to go with an SLS-1 in the neck and mid positions. Not sure what I'd put in the bridge position, but it would most likely require some modding of the pickguard. Maybe a Filtertron, Hilo'Tron or something that won't overpower the lipsticks.

SLS-1.jpg

• Members
You could just get double lipsticks and use some sort of a toggle to switch it from single to hummer.

True, but Duncan doesn't make double lipsticks and I won't taint a nice guitar like that with GFS stuff. I'd have to use two singles (one being reverse wound I suppose) and wire them in series. That would work.

• Members

It's definitely an interesting guitar. I might be picking up an offset with a strat-type S/S/S config this weekend if he still has it on Saturday. Assuming the stock pickups don't blow me away, I'll initially throw a set of Fralin Vintage Hots in but there's a decent chance I'd change the bridge to a Dimarzio Chopper or something and set it to be able to split and so I could get the split bridge + neck tone.

• Members

You are very close to what I was thinking with the lace sensors.

Only other things I was thinking was to cut the pickguard and place a chrome switch plate from a real Jag with the controls, add a roller bridge, and to swap the tuners for Gotoh Locking.

Maybe use the top switch to enable a cocked wah effect.

This seems like a perfect little mod platform.

• Members

It's certainly an interesting guitar. I'd be tempted to go with an SLS-1 in the neck and mid positions. Not sure what I'd put in the bridge position, but it would most likely require some modding of the pickguard. Maybe a Filtertron, Hilo'Tron or something that won't overpower the lipsticks.

SLS-1.jpg

Doc, a Powertron would be GREAT in the bridge of that thing... I actually like the look of that guitar quite a bit and wouldn't even mind the 24" scale... I am a BIG guy too and it wouldn't bother me a bit...

Gary

• Members

Everybody's all set to change the pups without even seeing what the stockers sound like. To me, that's just stoopid. I mean, I build my own geetars and am not averse to a pup swap. But c'mon!!!

I just like what I like... I like to think out loud also... I would most def give the stock pickup a chance, but I am a tinker at heart...

Gary

• Members

Everybody's all set to change the pups without even seeing what the stockers sound like. To me, that's just stoopid. I mean, I build my own geetars and am not averse to a pup swap. But c'mon!!!

I just like what I like... I like to think out loud also... I would most def give the stock pickup a chance, but I am a tinker at heart...

Gary

Archived