Guitar Stands! - Suggestions/recommendations

FoonkySteve

• Members

So........

What are you all using?

I am in the market for a guitar stand or 2 or possibly a dual stand. Looking for something to accomodate a super jumbo acoustic and a thinline acoustic. It's for gigging, so the smaller the footprint the better, also sturdy goes without saying. It would also be a bonus if it was tidy/foldable for easy transportation.

Ive been looking at the hercules, but im open to anything that fits the bill.

:thu:

Foonky

• Members

The 415 Has a folding Yoke

Even better! Thanks again kit, im now torn between the duo or 2x 415's, i can get either option for around the same price. Do you get one of the nylon bags ive seen with them? or is that a seperate buy?

Off to look at prices now.

Thanks again y'all :thu:

EDIT: Seems the nylon bags are sold seperately :( not to worry i can find something to fit it in :thu:

• Members

I have a 5-guitar folding "Rockstand", one of the Hercules singles and lots of those cheap folding stands with surgical rubber tubing as padding. Of these, I would only trust the Hercules with my life (and most precious guitars). The Rockstand is fine for storing guitars, but if you're going to be grabbing and moving a lot, in my experience the spaces between guitars are rather narrow, and if you aren't totally attentive -- ding!

• Members

Whilst Hercules stands are probably the best, I've got a three-guitar Rockstand - I gig with it. I wouldn't want to leave nitro guitars on it permanently but they're ok for a few hours every week. I take two guitars to the gig so the middle space is 'spare' - usually the bass will occupy it between sets but for mid-set guitar changing I've got plenty of room to avoid dinging my guitars although I'm well past caring now!)

xl__rs20880bfp.jpg

• Members

I have a couple of the Hercules Auto-grab stands and I think they're about the best quality/value. I like that they are known for being nitro friendly.

My favorite stands used to be made my Quik Lok

GS436_m.jpg

I still love that they have a small footprint, they securely hold the guitar at a more upright angle than the Ultra versions do, so you can have them closer to an object (wall, etc), but they are not nitro friendly :mad: Both my son and I have experienced some damage to nitro finishes if the guitar is left in the stand too long.

I recently bought this K&M double. It's nice but I feel like the Hercules does a better job of grabbing the headstock more securely. With the K & M brand I feel like "are you sure you've got it?" when I put my guitar into its auto-grab yoke.

DV016_Jpg_Large_H73688.001_black.jpg

But yet I'm still tempted to get one more K & M, this one -

DV016_Jpg_Large_H73692.001_black_with_gu

The only thing I don't like about the Hercules brand is the yellow bits. :p

• Members

2 Votes for this one. looks good too, small footprint, sturdy and stable enough for y'all?

it works great for all my guitars, my ES-137 is a bit of a tight fit on it but it still rests well.... as far as it being sturdy goes I haven't had a guitar fall as yet *knocks on wood* and even when the guitar is not perfectly straight in the stand they stay put pretty well... the only catch might be the output jack on SOME guitars might not let you leave the cable in and put it on the stand at the same time... pretty minor IMO... I also like that it folds up, it fits in one of my gig bags pretty nicely..

• Members

For single guitar stands my hands down favorite is a nice Hercules

The
Hercules HG414B
is very stable and secure and the foam is nitro friendly.

31GybhQdDML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Full disclosure, the supports are just a little too far part for tele headstocks. Usually, it'll hang in place, but just barely and I've seen mention of them slipping

Archived