Guitar Stands! - Suggestions/recommendations

FoonkySteve

• Members

Full disclosure, the supports are just a little too far part for tele headstocks. Usually, it'll hang in place, but just barely and I've seen mention of them slipping

I have 2 tele headstocked guitars hanging on hercules wall mounts at home, they only fit because of the swivel action of the hook. It fit's, worst case scenario would be it would slip through and still be held in place by the 6th tuning peg. Which wouldnt be ideal at all, but i don't see it ever falling right through and the guitar kissing the floor ;)

Do the stands not have the swivel action? If so, then i could see the tele headstock would be problematic in there.

• Members

Ok! Thanks a million to y'all for your responses/suggestions and advice. I have decided to buy in to the heavily favoured hercules stands. I already like the hangers i have, so im sure the stands will be great too.

I have 3 options, and unfortunately i suffer from exteme indecisiveness-ness, so if anyone owns or has used any of the following stands, can you please advise as to wether it would fit my requirements (in your opinion)

Option 1: The more expensive option: Buy two GS415b's. As i need to accomodate 2 guitars (acoustics) I thought this may be the best space saver :idk: As i could have them both (almost) against a wall, and they will also be on display (in clear view, front facing). The only downsides are, its the most expensive option, i would need to carry 2 seperate things.

http://www.herculesstands.co.uk/product/85317/GS415B/Floor_Stands/Auto_Grab_guitar_stand_with_foldable_yoke

Option 2: The least expensive option: Buy one GS422b (double stand). This would obviously accomodate my 2 acoustics in one unit, one thing to carry. The only thing i don't like about it is i think it may have a larger footprint than 2 singles. Reason being that the 2 guitars are facing in opposite directions, (you cant change the angle of the hook) so for display purposes, you either get a view of one from the front or two side views of the guitars, i also think this would make them less accessible in tight areas.

http://www.herculesstands.co.uk/product/85317/GS422B/Floor_Stands/Auto_Grab_Duo_guitar_stand

Option 3: The most expensive option (with value for money) : Buy one GS432b Triple stand. (wait though, hear me out!) The tri stand of course accomodates three guitars, but at 3 angles. What im thinking is it may have a smaller footprint than the double. If i just fold down the 3rd hook and rest, i can have it colser to the wall, have better access to both guitars, and they will both be on display front facing (yet angled). Another plus is, that it allows for growth if i ever decided to bring along a 3rd, or if we have guests joining us on stage. Of course only one thing to carry.

http://www.herculesstands.co.uk/product/85317/GS432B/Floor_Stands/Auto_Grab_Tri_guitar_stand

I think the tri stand would be the all out winner, IF it is the same size as the double. The hercules site doesnt appear to list dimensions. If the tri stand is massively bigger than the duo, then im back to deciding between options one and two.

What would you do?

Disclaimer : I understand the best response is: 'stop being a whiney little bitch, and buy a frickin stand already!'

• Members

Love that it fits in a gig bag, that would be awesome, only thing that concerns me is; if your ES-137 is a tight fit, i might be struggling to get a superjumbo acoustic in there......

yeah... that stand will not work for an acoustic... there IS an acoustic model though... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/fretrest-by-proline-fs100a-folding-acoustic-guitar-stand

Not too sure how good that would work with an electric though... in fact I doubt it will be very good with an electric...

• Members

Disclaimer : I understand the best response is: 'stop being a whiney little bitch, and buy a frickin stand already!'

This:)

No matter which option you go with I think you still end up with only 1 thing to carry as it seems it would be pretty easy to find a bag large enough to carry 2 of the singles.

Archived