HNGD! Django should approve :)

kit_strong

• Members

There will be a bit of background but first a peak

NGD-Jaguar01.jpg

For awhile I had my eyes set on a Classic Player Jaguar but then a couple of months back I was checking out an Ampeg GVT and mentioned the lack of Classic Player Jaguars on any shelves and the salesman pulled out the new Johnny Marr Jag and I gave it a whirl. I walked out thinking it was a damn fine guitar but not really planning on spending $1700 on one. I'm don't really care about signature models and prior to reading the literature on the guitar I'm not even sure I could have told you who Johny Marr was.

Fast forward to Monday, I was still leaning towards saving the cash and going with a Classic Player. I was cleaning out my rarely used yahoo account when I came across a 20% off coupon from Musicians Friend that was ending that day. Combined with the allure of 0-interest financing for 12 months and my resolve was broken and the order was placed.

Today the man in brown was kind enough to leave this on my doorstep.

NGD-Jaguar02.jpg

Nylon tremolo bar insert so the bar stays in place.

NGD-Jaguar03.jpg

4-way switch for Bridge+Neck series/parell options

NGD-Jaguar04.jpg

Custom Bareknuckle pickups

NGD-Jaguar05.jpg

NGD-Jaguar06.jpg

NGD-Jaguar07.jpg

NGD-Jaguar08.jpg

NGD-Jaguar09.jpg

NGD-Jaguar10.jpg

• Members

Not only would Django approve, but Doctor Morbius approves too.
:thu:
How do you like the neck profile? I've read it's fairly

I really like the neck. It might be chunky compared to say a warmoth standard thin profile but its nowhere near 50s LP chunky either. I'd call of medium chunky.

• Members

Man!!! What a beautiful guitar! Love the color, love everything about it. And I love the close-up pics that give you a "feel" for the quality. Huge Congrats!

Thanks. The color was definitely the first thing that moved me before I even had it in my hands. They call it Candy Apple Rust and it's designed after an old faded candy apple red Jag.

Of course being nitro there's no telling what color it could be in 40-50 years.

Archived