Perhaps Django has been right all along.

kit_strong

• Members

Maybe the jaguar is the worlds most perfect guitar after all ;).

Ever since getting the new Jag I've been playing it almost non-stop and am wondering why I waited so long. The guitar is an absolute blast to play and I love the tones I'm able to get with it. And it seems the perfect match for my new Ampeg GVT-15.

Perhaps it's just the honeymoon phase but if so I hope it's a long one because I am loving everything about the guitar.

• Members

I like Jazzmasters better. Their scale length and their pickups.

I'm really digging the short scale of the Jag and the Barenuckle pickups are definitely sweet. But I expect a Jazzmaster is in my future as well sicne I have a set of Rose Korina pickups that will one day need to be installed in something.

Of course I also have the Rose Mozarts installed in the Luna so I've already kind of got the Jazzmaster vibe going.

• Members
Regarding the short/long scale thing, short scale adds harmonic richness unavailable to those playing 25.5" guitars.

i always wondered why my jag sounded the best ,any studio stuff or live gigs recorded the jag always has the best sound .i have beefed up the bridge pickup from 6k to 8.5k though .it was just a tad too spikey for the amps i use. there is one thing i`d like to know though ,why do they have a kind of dunky tone and don`t sustain like other guitars .

• Members

i always wondered why my jag sounded the best ,any studio stuff or live gigs recorded the jag always has the best sound .i have beefed up the bridge pickup from 6k to 8.5k though .it was just a tad too spikey for the amps i use. there is one thing i`d like to know though ,why do they have a kind of dunky tone and don`t sustain like other guitars .

The lack of sustain is blamed on the bridge design. My jazzmaster has more sustain than any other guitar I've ever played. I'm not sure why.

• Members

I recently got a Squier Jag and I think I concur. I love Jazzmaster pickups, so it was a gamble for me in choosing one over the other, but there are so many tonal variations possible with these hotter single coils and all the knobs and switches. I bet the series switch on the Johnny Marr makes it even more so. I like series on my Tele. I might have to add a mini-switch somewhere to get that option on mine.

• Members

Narrow range but bright pickups + shallow string angle behind bridge + short scale.

If you mess with the pickups you can get a beefier tone, but you'll still get the overtones and low sustain and plunky attack.

Archived