So who here loves a good fuzz pedal?

warriorpoet

• Members

I just got this,actually had a day off yesterday and a bud came over and bought my SG melody maker and we messed with it all day.It does sound warmer and fuller in person....sounds a little thin in my crappy computer speakers,not plugged into my externals...definately diggin' it though:thu:

fVtwsGf67sk

9q7d4y-G3TE

iQk9F8x83wQ

don't mind the settings,I was cleaning them off and placing them when I took the pic...

pedalboard.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like a lot of the bands that use them as a key effect - Black Keys, White Stripes, for example, but I have never really liked using them myself. They just seem so darn extreme to me, and they can easily mush out the mix... which means for me, I'd have to use it quite selectively.

• Members

I like a lot of the bands that use them as a key effect - Black Keys, White Stripes, for example, but I have never really liked using them myself. They just seem so darn extreme to me, and they can easily mush out the mix... which means for me, I'd have to use it quite selectively.

When I first started playing with a tonebender, that was exactly my impression. What I've found, using lower gain Fuzz Face- based circuits, is that your guitar's volume control is EVERYTHING, to the point I rarely play without my fuzz on, even for clean sections (volume around 6-7). Smooth, sustainy lead tones are just a twist away (volume on 10), and crunchy fuzztone is a half-twist (around 7.5-8.5).

Heaven is a singing Ge FF into an overdriving amp :)

• Members

I've got a DIY fuzzface with germaniums that I THINK has a transistor that's going bad that I hope never changes sounds, cuz it's pretty cool..it's like it chops or rounds off the attack of notes for a very cool sort of unique sound. Almost approaching a synth sine or square wave like sound.... :cool:

• Members

I really thought I hated fuzz pedals. It turns out that I only hate Big Muffs and other harsher sounding fuzzes being fed into clean amps. I now have three fuzzes and really like them. I have a Morgan Shadow fuzz (almost more Fuzz + OD, does the current Jeff Beck tone really well), Deviltone Jezebel (just a fantastic FF), and Retro Channel The Fuzz (Mk II Tonebender). They all do their own thing and they sound great into an amp that has a little breakup going on.

• Members

Love me some fuzz. Current collection is, best as I can remember, below. Some originals, most DIY. I usually have a Maestro Fz-1 Fuzztone clone around too, but sold my last one not long ago and have yet to build another:

NYC Big Muff Pi

Green Russian Tall Font Muff

Tonebender Mk II

Fuzz Face germanium X 2

Fuzz Face silicone with voltage sag

Mosrite Fuzzrite germanium

Mosrite Fuzzrite silicone

Shin-Ei Fuzz Companion

Fuzz Factory

Devi Ever Vintage Fuzz Master/ Soda Meiser clone

Danelectro French Toast

Fuzz Face >>Dallas Rangemaster dual pedal

• Members

I love fuzz pedals, but I keep buying them, and can't being myself to sell any of the ones I have. (I think I have 11 now).

They really all seem to bring something different. I don't always run them all, but I like to bring them all out from time to time.

Archived