I love my SKB LP soft case so much.

honeyiscool

• Members
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...itar-soft-case

DV016_Jpg_Large_502478_open_loaded_R.jpg

These cases are light, protective, and because it's a soft case, there's plenty of zippers for all kinds of accessories, and because it's still got foam inserts, for any gigs you're going to have around town, it should provide more than enough support. The backpack straps are great, too. You can easily carry around this, your backup axe, your amp, and your pedalboard in a soft case in one simple trip to the car. Plus, at $90, they aren't too expensive and they don't say Gibson so they don't say "steal me" on them.

And no, I'm not paid by SKB.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by kayd_mon View Post
I haven't seen these. I prefer gig bags whenever possible, and that looks like a good combination of the two case styles. Also, the absence of the Gibson logo is a definite plus in the loss prevention category.
Yeah. I always preferred gig bags, too, but when I started schlepping around angled headstocks I just didn't feel safe with gig bags. These solve the problem for me. Hard cases protect the guitar and all but they can cause quite some dings on doors and cars.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganB View Post
What type of Tele is that? Sweet looking!
Agreed! '69 Thinlines are my favorite Teles.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool View Post
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acces...itar-soft-case

DV016_Jpg_Large_502478_open_loaded_R.jpg

These cases are light, protective, and because it's a soft case, there's plenty of zippers for all kinds of accessories, and because it's still got foam inserts, for any gigs you're going to have around town, it should provide more than enough support. The backpack straps are great, too. You can easily carry around this, your backup axe, your amp, and your pedalboard in a soft case in one simple trip to the car. Plus, at $90, they aren't too expensive and they don't say Gibson so they don't say "steal me" on them.

And no, I'm not paid by SKB.
$76.49 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/SKB-Guitar-Int...=skb+soft+case

• Members

I have a Roadrunner equivalent of the 2nd case. While I agree they are the best method of guitar protection/transport, I don't like the fact that there aren't any side bolsters for the guitar body. I fixed that with black velveteen material put over some styrofoam and sewed into place. I'd tak pics but everything is black and they don't show up.

• Members

Nice, but too thick for me. I leave it to the divine powers above and accept the will of the prophets (or is that profits?). wink.gif

If it comes with a hard case, cool, but if it comes with a gig bag, good enough, and if it doesn't come with anything, I usually just buy a deluxe gig bag (little thicker padding at least more than the cheapest which are nothing more than slip covers) because I like that they are less bulky. But I could see if you kept the size of your gear down to reasonable limits, then those cases would be a nice compromise to a hard-shell case. The thing I don't like about hardshell cases is that they are so prone to scuffing my walls.

Archived