Never been a better time to buy a Gibson.

billybilly

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by artiem

View Post

I find it interesting, however, that Sweetwater is notably absent from the other online retailers in the recent Gibson firesale. Too bad, because if they did any kind of price matching I'd buy everything from those guys.

Actually, they were in on it too, but sold out early on. LP Traditional Pluses were price matched to Sam Ash for $1599. They were also price matching the Traditional GTs at $1399.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DaleH

View Post

I think they are dumping overstock and debt because their not sure what is going to happen in Jan. If the Gov. dose not reach an agreement on the fisical cliff issues.

If the automatic messures kick in it's going to be nasty down there.

Gibson dumps their flops every November/December. Other guitar companies (Schecter, Cort, Stagg) do the same thing. They

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Wulver

View Post

Ran into one of these at GC today, and though I didn't have a chance to try it amplified I found myself quite liking the feel and the looks. It seems to be the new version of the Faded SGs, and it manages to look simpler without looking cheap. Cool stuff.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...n-USA/SGJ.aspx

24 frets and 50's neck too, bonus. I was worried it had EMGs at first but it doesn't (dual 490's). That's a win!

• Members

I've bought 3 Gibson's in the past 2 weeks.

Gibson Goldtop 70's Tribute $505 shipped(flipped for $700)

Gibson Midtown Paid $750 pricematched(Managed to get 120% PM off price AND 150% GC match, got a $275 gift card this week(Possibly one of my favorite guitars I've owned)

Pricematched a 60's Tribute yesterday to Samash at MF for $520 using $275 gift card($250~ out of pocket) + Additional $100 GC.

cop.gif

So basically a Midtown and a 60's Tribute for $1k + $100 GC and I made $200 off the 70s.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by esphil

View Post

Gibson Midtown Paid $750 pricematched(Managed to get 120% PM off price AND 150% GC match, got a $275 gift card this week(Possibly one of my favorite guitars I've owned)

Pricematched a 60's Tribute yesterday to Samash at MF for $520 using $275 gift card($250~ out of pocket) + Additional $100 GC.

cop.gif

So basically a Midtown and a 60's Tribute for $1k + $100 GC and I made $200 off the 70s.

I would say you did all right.thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by esphil

View Post

cop.gif

You're off to a good start. Since all of the Gibson sales started, I'm in for:

Les Paul Traditional Pro Ebony $1150.24 @ GC.com ($1899 regular price)

Les Paul Traditional Gold Top $1292.97 @ MF w/price match ($2189 rp)

Les Paul Standard Blue Mist $1449 @ MF w/price match w/$525 e-certificate ($2499 rp)

Flying V Heritage Cherry $707 @ m123 w/price match ($1199 rp)

Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top $1245 @m123 w/price match ($2149 rp)

Les Paul Traditional Plus Chicago Blue $562.99 - used level 2 @ $1279.99 - 15% - $525 e-certifcate (fp for a used level 2 = $1839.20)

and that is just the Gibsons from the last month or two...

I guess I will use the logic of one of my ex-gfs and look at it as 'saving' $5367 as opposed to spending $6407.

facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by billybilly

View Post

Some of those Midtowns that many bought recently looked sensational and the price was certainly right. I just saw Musiciansfriend is having a sale on Gibson too. Great prices. If I was a Gibson man, I be jumping on something. For a variety of reasons, Gibson have become very competitive with their pricing to the consumers benefit.

Link to sale...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/brows...S&lP=dc&site1A

I dig this DC, 65% off.

DV016_Jpg_Large_430808.002_classic_white

I would rock that...

Sorry Fender but Gibsons really are a better built guitar (I say this owning 2 Strats and 1 Teie; I still love you guys tho...love.gif...smile.gif)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Assumer

View Post

just got a LP traditional mahogany in lefty for 1149 from sam ash. Love it.

I got one in store, LOVE it. I've owned a few LP's before, including a Silverburst Custom, that I didn't bond with as quickly as this.

It helps that I got mine in store for $999. At $1,149 it was a great, at less than a grand it was a no brainer thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhorne

View Post

You're off to a good start. Since all of the Gibson sales started, I'm in for:

Les Paul Traditional Pro Ebony $1150.24 @ GC.com ($1899 regular price)

Les Paul Traditional Gold Top $1292.97 @ MF w/price match ($2189 rp)

Les Paul Standard Blue Mist $1449 @ MF w/price match w/$525 e-certificate ($2499 rp)

Flying V Heritage Cherry $707 @ m123 w/price match ($1199 rp)

Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top $1245 @m123 w/price match ($2149 rp)

Les Paul Traditional Plus Chicago Blue $562.99 - used level 2 @ $1279.99 - 15% - $525 e-certifcate (fp for a used level 2 = $1839.20)

and that is just the Gibsons from the last month or two...

I guess I will use the logic of one of my ex-gfs and look at it as 'saving' $5367 as opposed to spending $6407.

facepalm.gif

Lmao man, you have me beat. Are you keeping all of those?!

Archived