Never been a better time to buy a Gibson.

billybilly

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

Hopefully, we'll see a repeat of these blowouts next Christmas...and there's always a chance of an after holiday sale this year...

I think this is a one-time-only blowout on the Gibsons. Unless they run afoul of the Feds again and have to use oak for bodies or something.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Marc G

View Post

Damn.... I got my Midtown P90 for $799 from Sam Ash on the day before Thanksgiving.... I asked and they said they were not getting the standards or customs at that location.... oh well... I'm still reallllly digging the P90s though.

I bought a Pelham Blue P90 Midtown from samash for $799. A week later I realized that I was so in love with the damn thing, that I went looking for another on the rumor that they were out of production. Now they were sold out, but I found a new Vintage Sunburst on ebay for $899. Probably someone samash flipped, but I was happy to get it at that price. They are really something special, IMO.

• Members

Back in the year 2000 was the last "good time to buy a Gibson."

Gibson has a few fire sales on certain models in late 2000. I got my brand-new fantastic 2-year-old Les Paul DC Standard for $799 out the door at Mars Music. I had the choice of blue or green. I liked the blue, but loved the deep green. Besides, it played the best of the lot.

52236927qu6.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Radar-Love

View Post

Gibson has a few fire sales on certain models in late 2000. I got my brand-new fantastic 2-year-old Les Paul DC Standard for $799 out the door at Mars Music. I had the choice of blue or green. I liked the blue, but loved the deep green. Besides, it played the best of the lot.

52236927qu6.jpg

Sorry but it has 2 to many frets.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Radar-Love

View Post

52236927qu6.jpg

love.gif

Wish I can find one of those in the used market someday. What is the neck profile like on it?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by megawzrd

View Post

love.gif

Wish I can find one of those in the used market someday. What is the neck profile like on it?

Normal 60s profile just like any recent Standard would have. Also, the DC Standard has 24 frets.

The naysayers will point out that the neck humbucker is in the "wrong" place, because of the longer fretboard to accommodate the 24 frets, making it sound a bit different than a single-cut Standard. Also, some don't like the fact that the body is not scooped out a bit at the neck joint to allow better access to the upper frets (like a PRS double cut). Believe me, both of these are minor issues at best.

Archived